How do I rebuild the gyro module code?

I want to add a function to the gyro code.

How do I do this?

Tom Dean

Or just grab from codeplex, make changes, rebuild that driver only and copy over the output. That’s what I do for the music module.

Actually I do the same (using debug version),so I can debug the code if needed. :slight_smile:

Thanks,

I do not understand the build process. I am from a UNIX background.
I have Microsoft Visual C# 2010, etc., from tinyclr.

I have built a dozen projects from scratch, using modules from GHI.

I have gadgeteer-16948 - I have not modified the code - just want to figure out how to build and install the solution.

If I burrow down main->modules->seeed->gyro->software and double click on Gyro, the visual studio solution, I get
’Invalid license data. Reinstall is required.'
If I use ‘open with’ and choose ms visual c# 2010 express, I get a message about 'the source control provider associated with the project count not be found’
I choose to not remove source control association from the solution and continue.
The project opens (I think)

Attempting to build the solution gives:
Error 1 The “Candle” task could not be loaded from the assembly C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\WiX\v3.x\WixTasks.dll. Could not load file or assembly ‘file:///C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\WiX\v3.x\WixTasks.dll’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. Confirm that the declaration is correct, that the assembly and all its dependencies are available, and that the task contains a public class that implements Microsoft.Build.Framework.ITask.

Seems like I am missing something.

How do I uninstall the driver?
How do I build the driver from source?
How do I install the driver?

Tom Dean

No problem. You will need to install Wix 3.5

http://wix.codeplex.com/releases/view/60102

Thanks,

The build succeeded.

How do I uninstall the old driver and install the new one?

Tom Dean

Just copy new dll over the old one.

Where are these files?

Tom Dean

The dll should be in bin/release or bin/debug. The installed one somewhere inside the Program Files. Use search.

Sorry, can’t point to exact location (not close to my computer)

Found it…

In the source tree, I have an installer directory.

Will this put the correct files in the correct place?

Tom Dean

It should.