Holiday sale and a look back at year 2012

Seasons greetings from all of us at GHI Electronics. The year 2012 has been a great year to us, from expanding our team and facility to updating our equipment and products.

[title]Stronger Team[/title]
As GHI Electronics is committed to helping our local communities and having top quality products and support, all done locally. We have expanded our team, from packaging products to engineering to business management. Our new organizational structure will help us expand our offerings while lowering our prices even further.

[title]Expanding to a New Facility[/title]
It has been months of hard work but we finally moved into our new facility in Troy, Michigan. The assembly line machines will be moved next week but the rest of production, order fulfillment, engineering and the rest of our staff are all in the new location and fully operational.

[title]New Equipment[/title]
Our latest addition to our line is a US$250,000 solder jet printer. Typically, solder stencils are used to place solder on raw circuit boards, this requires time and money. To give you an idea, we have spent about US$50,000 on solder stencils in 2012! Another great feature of this printer, that cant be done with a stencil, is in controlling how much solder to place on each pad individually. For example, large parts can take a lot of solder where less solder is placed for a BGA. We expect the new printer to arrive in a couple of weeks. We will share some pictures on our forums.

[title]Cutting-edge Products[/title]
The newly introduced ALFAT has been a big hit. It offers a complete file-system solution on a single chip.

Our goal for 2012 was to release several new .NET Micro Framework SoM and Gadgeteer-related products. We have proudly exceeded our goals. We shipped G120, G120HDR and have FEZ Cobra II on pre-order. As for Gadgeteer there are over 80 Gadgeteer-related products on our catalog today, and about 10 more before the end of the year.

[title]THANK YOU![/title]
On this Thanksgiving Day, we want to thank all of our commercial customers and our online community. You will accept nothing less than a perfectly working product, with the latest technology and at the lowest price. Thank you for making us work harder and thank you for making us love what we do, thank you!

[title]A gift from us[/title]
We would love to share our excitement with every single one of you through this holiday special sale. Not only that, we are also accepting pre-orders on FEZ Cobra II, at a very special price as well. The sale includes few new products, make sure to check them out.

[line]

Learn more about GHI products: http://www.ghielectronics.com/products
Online ordering catalog: http://www.ghielectronics.com/catalog
The holiday sale: http://www.ghielectronics.com/catalog/category/43

3 Likes

Thank you so much Gus! As always, this has been a great year!

@ Blue Hair Bob - Thanks Bob. I edited your reply and sent you an email :slight_smile:

Thank you guys and girls at GHI for an exciting year, I finaly have started the final tests of our G120 and G120HDR commercial product.
Looking forward for your upcoming products…

Santa Claus is making an early trip to my house :slight_smile:

And thank you Gus, GHI and the rest of the member of TinyCLR for making this a Gadgeteer year for me, as what a year it has been. In January I was thinking, ‘hmmm Gadgeteer sounds like something I should check out’, I’m I ever glad I did, its been a blast.

Many thanks to Gus & the rest of the GHI crew for preventing me from getting bored in 2012. Can’t wait to see what 2013 has me building :slight_smile:

Thanks to everyone else here for being such a civil, intelligent group of people to have fun learning with. Let’s keep the community growing!

1 Like

I couldn’t have said it better myself. Happy thanksgiving too!

Just wanted to say thank you & that I appreciate all your hard work. Such a great community too,

I’m so happy I found this little haven.

After many years experience with other software/hardware communities it has been a refreshing change to experience a community that is actually positive in attitude toward not only the other people in the community but also the company that makes the community possible. This is in no small way the result of the obvious dedication of Gus and all the fine people at GHI. The excellent choice of products is also the result of dedicated hard working people at GHI that strive to achieve excellence in their work.

My thanks goes out to all the forum members and especially to the GHI team :slight_smile:

Regards,
Synapsys

Congrats on a wonderful year, hope 2013 will be just as good if not better for all of us! Cheers to you and your team!

Thanks for the turkey day sale too!

@ Gus - any hints on the “and about 10 more before the end of the year” modules???

Not really as they are in design and test stage.

Your killing me Gus, the wife thinks I’m having an affair with our local FedEx Driver as she’s been here so often delivering Gadgeteer stuff.

Hilarious, I love it.

FYI, I’ve just sparked a bit of interest from another 4 coders. :stuck_out_tongue:

This stuff sells it’s self, lol.

Since you guys take amex in your store, any idea if your considered a small business by AMEX? They have a 25 dollar rebate today for small business Saturday purchases.

What a wonderful year indeed! Thank you GHI and the community!

@ Duke,

Same for me here in Paris …

@ GHI,

All the best for 2013

PS : We have now 2 GHI distributors in France

Hey all.
All the thanks goes to you guys at GHI and all the other awesome people making GHIElectronics the place to be AND to go.
Hey, when will the holiday sales be ending?

To the GHI team and the TinyCLR community

From us here in the Caribbean.

Thank you for making such wonderful products and for providing support above and beyond what is typically available from much bigger and older companies. For people like us in remote locations, our life line is the online community and your support services.

And thank you for continuing to lower your price point. Most of GHI user’s in the Caribbean are teachers and students, we have a small budget and also we have an exchange rate which varies from 10:1USD — 7:1USD. So after paying taxes and shipping, one of the kits can actually cost a significant part of a parent’s monthly salary.

And most of all, thank you for embracing the spirit of OSH (open source hardware). You allow many inspired minds the opportunity to delve into the science and technology behind these tools and in so doing you are helping us to foster the next generation of engineers, scientist and world changers.

Congratulations to GHI, you change the world simply by doing what you love and doing it well.

Special thank you to Architect, Ianlee74, Mike, Brett, Skewworks and mhectorgato

@ Gus - Over the years of running companies, building a strong team is one of the most important things you can do. I’ve been watching from a far and very excited to finally to have some time to start exploring your products and take advantage of the holiday specials! Do you have a sales person who might be available to walk me through some questions I have?