Hard to deploy using VS

The bigger my code is the harder Visual studio deployment is:

I am using G400 and 2016 R1 library: here’s results of deployment:

Looking for a device on transport ‘USB’
Starting device deployment…
Iteration 0
Opening port \?\usb#vid_1b9f&pid_0102#0000000001#{d32d1d64-963d-463e-874a-8ec8c8082cbf}
Attaching debugger engine…
… debugger engine attached!
Querying device assemblies…
Found Assembly mscorlib 4.3.1.0
Found Assembly Microsoft.SPOT.Native 4.3.1.0
Found Assembly Microsoft.SPOT.Security.PKCS11 4.3.1.0
Found Assembly System.Security 4.3.1.0
Found Assembly Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware 4.3.1.0
Found Assembly Microsoft.SPOT.Graphics 4.3.1.0
Found Assembly Microsoft.SPOT.TinyCore 4.3.1.0
Found Assembly Microsoft.SPOT.IO 4.3.1.0
Found Assembly System.IO 4.3.1.0
Found Assembly Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Usb 4.3.1.0
Found Assembly Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SerialPort 4.3.1.0
Found Assembly Microsoft.SPOT.Touch 4.3.1.0
Found Assembly Microsoft.SPOT.Ink 4.3.1.0
Found Assembly Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.PWM 4.3.1.0
Found Assembly GHI.Hardware 4.3.8.1
Found Assembly USBH_SDC 2.0.75.0
Found Assembly System 4.3.1.0
Found Assembly System.Xml 4.3.1.0
Found Assembly Microsoft.SPOT.Net 4.3.1.0
Found Assembly GHI.Usb 4.3.8.1
Found Assembly USU 2.0.65.0
Found Assembly GHI.Pins 4.3.8.1
Found Assembly Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.OneWire 4.3.1.0
Found Assembly FtpServer 1.0.0.0
Found Assembly GHI.Networking 4.3.8.1
Adding pe file C:\Program Files\GHI Electronics\NETMF v4.3 SDK\Libraries\le\ghi.hardware.pe to deployment bundle
Adding pe file C:\Users\jeremie\Source\Workspaces\UpSideUpFW\USU_LIB\bin\DEBUG_OW\le\usbh_sdc.pe to deployment bundle
Adding pe file C:\Program Files\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.3\Assemblies\le\System.pe to deployment bundle
Adding pe file C:\Program Files\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.3\Assemblies\le\System.Xml.pe to deployment bundle
Adding pe file C:\Program Files\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.3\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.Net.pe to deployment bundle
Adding pe file C:\Program Files\GHI Electronics\NETMF v4.3 SDK\Libraries\le\ghi.usb.pe to deployment bundle
Adding pe file C:\Users\jeremie\Source\Workspaces\UpSideUpFW\USU_MAIN\bin\NOWATCHDOG\le\USU.pe to deployment bundle
Adding pe file C:\Program Files\GHI Electronics\NETMF v4.3 SDK\Libraries\le\ghi.pins.pe to deployment bundle
Adding pe file C:\Program Files\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.3\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.OneWire.pe to deployment bundle
Adding pe file C:\Users\jeremie\Source\Workspaces\UpSideUpFW\FtpServer\bin\Release\le\ftpserver.pe to deployment bundle
Adding pe file C:\Program Files\GHI Electronics\NETMF v4.3 SDK\Libraries\le\ghi.networking.pe to deployment bundle
Attempting deployment…
Incrementally deploying assemblies to device
Deploying assemblies for a total size of 323928 bytes
Assemblies successfully deployed to device.
Restarting interpreter…
Attaching to device…
Waiting for device to initialize…
The debugging target and the debugger engine failed to initialize because of unspecified device errors.
The debugger engine thread has terminated unexpectedly with error ‘Could not reconnect to the debugging target after rebooting it.’.

Any clue about how to solve this issue?

By chance are you using VS2015? I get about at 50% failure rate when using VS2015. It usually works on the next try though.

1 Like

@ leforban -

If you are using VS2015 maybe this will help. (I have not used it. I just remember seeing it)

https://www.ghielectronics.com/docs/346/using-visual-studio-2015

I have tried using 2015 many times on my windows 10 pro. I have never been able to make it work. So I always go back to using my 2013 Pro. (Express also works for me)

1 Like

Hi guys, unfortunately, I am still using VS2013 so I guess this is not the source of the problem. I am still investigating…

@ leforban -

Kind of a pain but if it were me I would do.
A repair of VS 2013
Uninstall all of the netmf/ghi files and reinstall.
Be sure to do in order stated.