Halloween contest projects

it’s not available here in Norway either due to a sound track (Sony).
Can you make one version without background sound track?

I love that sound track…dang

For people from Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Malaysia, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand

Project Page : (link removed)

Where is that picture of FEZ inside Raj? How do I know what you have used?

Gus

It is an USBizi and not a FEZ.

I am going to create a project page to show the inner details.

Well, my video is rendering and will upload after. I didn’t get everything done i wanted due to other things coming up and stealing away all my time, but i think it looks good (even if it doesn’t do much). Picture attached as a teaser. Completion time: 2am 1/11//10. Code took me 2 hrs, the head took me over a week (probably 50hrs).

Great fun Rajesh !!
:clap:

MarkH: That is some scary stuff. Looking forward to see what it dos :slight_smile:

My daughter Kira made this drawing of the eye and people reacting to it.
Note the arrows of smiling people coming to the eye and scared people running away. :slight_smile:

Hey Geir

Tell Kira that her drawing is cool.

I have a few photos of the build process i’ll put into the wiki, so you can see i didnt just buy some skull :slight_smile:

Kira’s going to be an engineer one day you realise Geir? She’s flow mapped her diagram :stuck_out_tongue:

This looks very professional like something I would buy from a store for a lot of money! I wish you had time to finish the last couple things which would have made ti just amazing. Like the LED in the eye and taking advantage of FEZ’s audio playback feature.

Still very nice work.

I can assure you Mark built it himself. I saw pictures of the construction and I was video chatting with him over Skype when he was doing the video – although he did mute me while the camera was going.

Very nice Mark :slight_smile:

I need to hide my pumpkin in the mud now :slight_smile:

Gus, how are you converting audio files down to 8bit 8000hz? I can’t find a single bit of software which will generate 8bit pcm. I tried SoundBooth, Audacity and a few others. FFMPEG will save 8bit however it just makes a 44byte file no matter what.

I used SoX [url]http://sox.sourceforge.net/[/url] for my audio file.

By the way MarkH, great looking head. To bad you couldn’t finish it in time.
One question on the snake in the eye. How was it supposed to be reset? Was it just a one shot and then you had to manually stuff it back in or did you have another plan?

Thanks Geir - it was just intended to be one shot, it’s actually pretty hard to pull back in.

I had planned a bunch of extra stuff for the project but life gets in the way of such things. I probably shouldn’t have spent so much time on the design and looks, oh well :slight_smile: I had fun doing it!

Edit: Mark, looking nice. ;D (was looking at the wrong internet tab, lol :D)

I saw skype on the monitor to the right ;D

Adobe Soundbooth should work. Saving as a WAV should bring up options to set it correctly (Sample Rate and Sample Type). You have to hit save before the options appear, kind of silly.