Main Site Documentation

Gyro on Hydra getting the following issue

An unhandled exception of type ‘System.ArgumentException’ occurred in Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.dll

Using mainboard GHIElectronics-FEZHydra version 1.0
#### Exception System.ArgumentException - 0xfd000000 (1) ####
#### Message:
#### Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Port::.ctor [IP: 0000] ####
#### Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.InputPort::.ctor [IP: 0009] ####
#### Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.InterruptPort::.ctor [IP: 0009] ####
#### Gadgeteer.Interfaces.InterruptInput::.ctor [IP: 0017] ####
#### Gadgeteer.Modules.Seeed.Gyro::.ctor [IP: 0088] ####
#### GadgeteerApp1.Program::InitializeModules [IP: 0006] ####
#### GadgeteerApp1.Program::Main [IP: 0010] ####
A first chance exception of type ‘System.ArgumentException’ occurred in Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.dll
An unhandled exception of type ‘System.ArgumentException’ occurred in Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.dll

@ KartAssist - Welcome to the forum. We’ll need some context to help. Post your code (with tags please) and indicate what line throws the exception. A brief explanation of what you’re trying to do is also helpful.

If gyro uses socket I then it will not work. There is a bug in I2C that we need to fix.
Anyone up for the callange?

Welcome to the community.

Hello and thanks for the welcome.

It is the following constructor that throws the exception, (this is auto generated):

gyro = new GTM.Seeed.Gyro(6);

so far not too much luck for me, I have a gyro that doesn’t work and the barometer that reads 25 degrees and 0 all the time :slight_smile:

I love the display though, will be trying the GPS next or will I get similar issues?

I2C will be fixed very soon, no worries.

Thanks Gus, Love your work

It is not “my” work but I spend a lot of time on the forum making me get all the credit :slight_smile: Aron is the Hydra god father!

@ KartAssist

It was discovered that there was a small error in the Seeed driver regarding the Gyro. We tracked the issue to the interrupt port being constructed with PullDown instead of PullUp; however, I2C still had a bug which was fixed. When the new SDK is released soon, both problems will be fixed.

The Hydra God Father has spoken :smiley:

Thanks Aron cant wait.