Graphical library with a designer (second surprise)

This is better, but the view screen needs to be bigger. I have an 800x480 display in portrait mode and can’t see all of the viewable area currently.

Thank you Josh!
The first test did work, will test more today 8)

Hi Josh!
Is it possible to add image to button control?

Do you have an example of what your looking for?

Well, I have application which has been written using WPF but I would like to use Glide. ;D
Could I get something like buttons on uploaded image? Sorry for bad quality of image. :-[

I think this would be best suited for an image component. We’ll be adding it in the next few days. We’re currently adjusting the designer for full screen mode to make it easier to use for all screen sizes.

Ok, thank you for such a quick answer.

An update (0.0.3) is coming Monday that will include:

• Major overhaul of the designer’s interface including full screen mode.
  • Image component as requested.

Cool! Can’t wait! 8)
Got some free time next week, this is now known as FEZ time :smiley:

Great news Josh!! ;D ;D ;D

Version 0.0.4 is now available.

http://www.ghielectronics.com/glide/

Looks really great.

I created a test based on your example and created a combo box with 10 items in it and deployed (in debug mode from VS2010) it to my ChipworkX and it worked great. I clicked the combo box once to pick an item from the list and then a second time to pick another item. I then clicked it a third time and got the following error.

An unhandled exception of type ‘System.OutOfMemoryException’ occurred in Microsoft.SPOT.Graphics.dll

I had several other things like a checkbox, radio button, button, image file and text box on the window.

Josh:

Using your Glide example, I was trying to set the text of a label based on what control was clicked (radio button or check box). My code from the tap event of the radio button looks like below. However the label text never gets updated. “lbl1” was a label I created with the Glide designer and defined in the xml file.

static void rb1_TapEvent(object sender, Point e)
{
Label lbl1 = (Label)_windows[0].GetChildByName(“lbl1”);
lbl1.Text = “Radio button tapped”;
Debug.Print(“Radio button tapped”);

}

Concerning that last post I just need to add the following line to make it work. I should have tried a bit harder.

_windows[0].Render();

Thank you for the continued support and testing.

Version 0.0.5 is now available.

http://www.ghielectronics.com/glide/

Just a typo on Seperator !! it should say Separator…

Hello Josh!
Could you give me a tip how to use and show keyboard in new window for text input?

My mistake! :-[
PresentationApplication.ShowKeyboard(sender) solve the problem.

I have same problem as rncox.

I created test application with three combo boxes and deployed (in debug mode from VS2010) it to my FEZCobra.When I clicked the combo box once I got the following error:

An unhandled exception of type ‘System.OutOfMemoryException’ occurred in Microsoft.SPOT.Graphics.dll

Same application works faster and without problems in Microsoft Emulator.

Can glide do bitmaps or images (of any format)?.. Can it do unicode so that Japanese could be used for example?

Glide has some bitmap components but nothing said you can’t use a mix in your application.

Also, glide uses NETMF’s built in font support so whatever NETMF support then glide supports.
NETMF can’t support I think since char is one byte instead of 2 but I am not sure. Microsoft will be the right people to answer this www.netmf.com