GHI.Premium.Hardware

Sorry for another newbie question, but I’m a bit stuck.

Working through the tutorials with my new Panda II and there are frequent references to the assembly "GHI.Premium.Hardware ", but I can’t locate this anywhere.

I’ve searched this site, and googled it more widely, and maybe it is part of some premium software package, but I can’t pin that down either.

I will be annoyed if I have paid out money for a Panda and have to pay extra for the drivers to make features that I need work, but I don’t know if that really is true or not.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for this, and anything else similar I might need, please?

Thanks

Which GHI SDK have you loaded? The GHI.Premium.Hardware DLL is part of the Jul;y 22 Beta SDK.

The premium library names were changed in that SDK.

We are in the process of updating all tutorials on wiki to 4.2 where you r device use NETMF 4.1. Please use the getting started book and the internet of things book instead. Those apply to your device 100%

The old namespace was GHIElectronics.NETMF.Hardware if you want to use the tutorials on wiki.

Mike: I had loaded 4.1 as there was no reason to believe I needed the beta version. I was considering whether I should try 4.2

Gus, I think that answers that. I switched to the example in the getting started e-book, and it has compiled fine.

Thank you both,

John

Not sure if I can ask a follow on like this, or whether I need to post a new question, but even though I am now using GHIElectronics.NETMF.Hardware , I am getting “not found” messages on AnalogInput and “Does Not Exist” on AnalogChannel.

There’s nothing in the Getting Started book, and I need to read a pot.

Am I missing something else?

Thanks

John

Your question is related. What you need is the references for the 4.1 libraries, which include everything you need. Found at C:\Program Files (x86)\GHI Electronics\GHI NETMF v4.1 SDK\Assemblies\Documentation

Also, there are examples here http://www.ghielectronics.com/downloads/FEZ/FEZ_Internet_of_Things_Book.pdf

In short, analog in was not part of NETMF 4.1 and GHI had it available through its libraries but in 4.2 it was moved to the core.

The correct path is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.1\Assemblies\be

#################################################

Pop in the TinyCLR community IRC channel and ask/chat

about whatever you want.

Details here: http://www.tinyclr.com/forum/topic?id=7210

Found both of those collections. Thanks to both of you. I guess I’ll be doing a lot of reading tomorrow and I’m sure I’ll find the answer (and hopefully more answers later) in there.

Just expected, I guess, that the tutorials would work as they were written, I copied all the referenced assemblies - but I know if they are all in the middle of an update, things like this can happen.

Thanks again,

John

You’re welcome.

PS: don’t forget to mark your question “answered”

Pop in the TinyCLR community IRC channel and ask/chat

about whatever you want.

Details here: http://www.tinyclr.com/forum/topic?id=7210