GHI ports of NetMF for Raspberry Pi?

Very cool! Looks like Fez Spider is inside

I couldn’t make it out (plus I’ve never seen one in the flesh) - I was thinking that since it’s an European firm that they would use a Systech.

Yah but it’s missing the laser gun I want but didn’t mention… You know so I can burn those tiny ants from space… Or do we use the magnifying glass for that? :slight_smile:

Sorry I don’t to hijack the post…ok let’s get back to the wish list…

For me, the only reason why i look at these boards like the Pi and Beaglebone is that they are very small boards with many peripherals to cover just about any project. More importantly that are very low cost. To get anything in the .netmf world capable of running at these speeds are very costly.

Why do i want the speed you may ask. Well if i take processor X and clock it at 100mhz, and run a C program on it to do xyz it will be fast. Now if i take the same processor X and run .netmf it doing the same xyz task it will perform slower. Sure you get more features and can pump out a project far faster with .netmf than C/C++.

So for me the answer is clear, use .netmf for everything you can. !!! BUT !!! i am not willing to sacrifice on performance. so the answer is simple, get a faster processor to run the .netmf on.

In my eyes, the .netmf world needs to start thinking about a larger audience such as company’s by making fast small plugin modules that they can simply add to their projects.
Seems to me they are catering to the hobbyists far to much. There should be more emphasis on modules like the EMX but running at speeds of 400mhz.

Agree but can’t speak more or I will be yelled at :slight_smile: you already have the answer :wink:

Bring me the 400MHz!!! Shut up and take my money!

we might know the answer is coming, but I can see a few of us (skewworks and me at least) with itchy “buy” trackpads who want to start clicking :slight_smile:

If its <$100 i will break my thumb clicking the buy now button!

<$100? Hasn’t Raspberry Pi already set the standard here? Anywhere near $100 and it makes a lot of sense to port to the Pi board :frowning: This is going to be an interesting year.

If only I were any good at porting or had the time to learn. Maybe after game slate is complete.

Ya its ultra low cost. But i dont believe getting a LCD on it is going to be easy.
That is why i like the beagle bone board much better.

For me the must have’s capability’s for a module are:

#1) Ethernet, MAC/PHY on module or internal in cpu. preferably with Auto-MDIX, Not fond of SPI interface types. Dont want to share my SPI bandwidth for Ethernet with my other SPI devices.
#2) LCD support, built into the cpu. No bit twiddling to mimic LCD support.
#3) SPI block in cpu, No bit twiddling to mimic
#4) I2C block in cpu. No bit twiddling to mimic
#5) i prefer to have the RJ45 jack not on the module. But will not complain if it is.

This may keep you inspired about the future http://www.logicpd.com/products/system-on-modules/texas-instruments-dm3730-am3703-torpedo-som/

Overpriced but WOW amazing :slight_smile: What makes this even more difficult to design and manufacture is the BGA facing another BGA on the other side. This is very hard to manage.

1GHz? :o

Wow… Looks like it’s already ported to WinCE, Android, & Linux. Only one platform missing… :wink:

Hint hint nudge nudge?

Holy Crap!!! Technology is surely getting crazy.

OK, so lets port it over :wink:

G in 1GHz screams for Gadgeteer

[quote]Only one platform missing…[/quote] Why would one port NETMF to it, while you can use the .NET Compact Framework under CE?

correct me if i am wrong but don’t CE require licensing per product ?

And it confines you to work within their existing UI instead of being able to create your own.