GHI Community Appreciation = Free Gifts!

Thank you, very generous. My address is correct. :dance:

Also thank you for staying with and championing .netmf!

1 Like

Sorry Sandy, are you the only female on the list?

1 Like

@ Gary - Nice! And Thank You,. GHI! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is an awesome gesture from GHI, and it it good to see they value the people that make up this community. Congratulations to all of you and thank you for sharing!

3 Likes

A big Thank You to all the folks @ GHI that make this possible … very generous, indeed :clap:

… and, of course kudos to all the community members that make it to what it is today. :clap:

2 Likes

Not all communities are so welcoming…

1 Like

@ hagster - Wow. Interesting article.

My thoughts exactly.

Luckily I couldn’t ever figure out how to be that kind of person, not even artificially. Peace out everyone !

A very nice surprise! Thank you very much GHI!

1 Like

@ GHI I would like to propose a new title for Gary - CSC. Chief Santa Claus.
:smiley: ;D :smiley:

2 Likes

@ hagster - “should be “retroactively aborted” for their stupidity” - I couldn’t imagine saying that to anyone on the team, either in the office or in the community, let alone allowing anyone to say it to me.

@ Architect - Do you think that will come with a pay raise and a bigger corner office with a wet bar? 8)

@ Gary Absolutely! And an army of little elves!

@ Architect - Can I dress them however I want? If I can then I will definitely take the job!

Thanks a lot …

1 Like

Just awful.

But I don’t think that’s an indictment of OSS communities in general. I think there are many healthy examples. But I think the point made about the fish rotting from the head is apt. When the leader of your community behaves in that way, it’s no surprise that the community becomes an ugly, hostile place. I might also guess that that hostility plays a part in the limited success of Linux in breaking out as a mainstream consumer OS (notwithstanding Android, which isn’t really Linux any more, in some important ways). When you hold your own developers in contempt, one would assume that users aren’t going to be any better respected.

The contrast with the GHI community and leadership couldn’t be more stark.

1 Like

Image from: IndieLondon: Rise of the Guardians UK Premiere Photo Gallery - Your London Reviews

1 Like

@ devhammer - I like those little guys from that movie, I like the fact you can just pick them and ring the little bells on their hats…lol!

@ Gary, if you decide to post job openings, I would be a really good elf. I can send a resume and references. I have lots of experience in many different organizations handling all kind of elf related activities and organizing and managing elf teams. I have no Reindeer experience, but I don’t imagine that will be a requirement there in Michigan.

I will update my user profile to describe some of the ways I would make a good elf very soon. I am available starting next Monday. Call me.

1 Like

@ Blue Hair Bob - I might take you up on that just to see the resume! But the real question is, would you be willing to accept an unpaid elf internship?