GHI Button Module V 1.3 Issue with actual drivers?

I have a GHI-Button module Version 1.3 attached to the Spider Socket 11. (Latest driver Version 4.3.7.10)
When I press and release the button I get only one event on the first press, no event for the release and no further events for pressing and releasing repeatedly. (Same result with two Vers. 1.3 modules).
With a Version 1.4 Button module everything works perfect.
Is this a known issue? Is there an old driver version that I can use with the Vers. 1.3 button modules?

namespace Button_Test
{
    public partial class Program
    {
        void ProgramStarted()
        {
            button.ButtonPressed += button_ButtonPressed;
            button.ButtonReleased += button_ButtonReleased;
        }

void button_ButtonReleased(Button sender, Button.ButtonState state)
        {
            Debug.Print("Button Released");
        }

void button_ButtonPressed(Button sender, Button.ButtonState state)
        {
            Debug.Print("Button Pressed");
        }
    }
}

@ RoSchmi - the module just attaches to an input port. I doubt there is any consideration as to version in the driver. I have some older button modules, and I find them to be unreliable. sometimes they work great, and at other times I have to press very hard and giggle the button before they respond. if the later version work reliability, them I suspect they have a higher quality button.

It remains curious. When the application is just freshly deployed, every time the first button press is recognized reliably but no button. released event is called.
However, I think it’s not worth the time to search for the reason. If there is no well known reason, I will throw them away.