Getting started with Glide

Hi,

I am using a Fez Spider kit in Visual Studio 2010. I am attempting to make numerical “buttons” on the touch screen such that when they are tapped, the number appears in a text box (similar to a calculator). From what I’ve been reading on here, Glide seems like the easiest way to go about doing this. Can anyone help me get started with Glide? I am confused about how to download it and make it work with Visual Studio.

Thanks!

Have you checked the examples shipping with glide? They should help.

I have checked the examples and managed to create my interface in the Glide editor and add it as a reference to my Visual Studio project. The problem I am running into now is that when I reference GHIElectronics.NETMF. anything else, it does not recognize NETMF. Is there a resource or reference I need to add elsewhere in the project? I added the following at the top of the program:

using GHIElectronics.NETMF.USBHost;
using GHIElectronics.NETMF.Glide;
using GHIElectronics.NETMF.Glide.Display;
using GHIElectronics.NETMF.Glide.UI;

You need to add the appropriate references. I suggest you start in the free getting started ebook first.

I’m sorry, I have already read all of the resources available on Support – GHI Electronics so that is why I have turned to here for help. I finally figured out the referencing through an example on the Glide page.

I now have a question more specific to Glide. At the moment, to test the interface I successfully made an LED turn on when each button is pressed. My interface contains buttons with numbers on them and a textbox. I would like to the number “4” to appear in the textbox when the “4” button is pressed. How can you change the text in the textbox through the code? I can’t figure out how to reference the text property of the textbox that is created in the XML code from Glide.

Did you take a look at the example on this page:
http://www.ghielectronics.com/downloads/Glide/Library%20V%201.0.3/html/1ef24de6-c32c-eb27-d70d-3fa6ec9f9358.htm