Get your next FEZ for $25!

Yes, it’s insane ???

[quote]I generally like the idea of a cheaper model of FEZ. It would act as a sort of sample for people to see NETMF. If they like it, GREAT, we have a another developer, and you have another customer. If they don’t, well, they didn’t lose much.

If I understand correctly, the point of such a board would be for a simple, cost effective device to get people into NETMF. Once they know they want to use it, then they can spring for a board with more advanced features.[/quote]

Yes, just like FEZ might help people step into the “larger” boards like EMX dev or chipworkx.

I agree totally.

Anyway, I would not be interested in a low-costs board. I believe it’s perfect for beginners in netmf, just like the mini, but stripping out usb host is too much. usb host is very good and it would be a pity to buy a board, and have to buy another one for this.

Thanks bstag for the great comments. It is good to know we have many users on our side helping to make FEZ “that way” for beginners to learn embedded systems.

I would preferred “Stretch” Domino, same layout but longer (just like Arduino MEGA) for the price tag between $25 - $50, even without USB Host and SD Card.
Why? (If you ask.)
Arduino (NG, Dicimila, or Duemilanove) only equipped with Atmega8/168/328 mCU, but have 22 usable pins.
Arduino MEGA (with Atmel1280 mCU) a stretch version of Arduino is a little more expensive, $60 - $65 price tag, but it allows us to use 70 pins, out of its 100 pins.

FEZ is only allows us to use 8 more usable pins than Arduino.
So, for someone like me – a starter or a hobbyist, FEZ Domino is pricey for the under utilize usable pins.
If I were to buy a next FEZ Domino that I would look into something that would worry me about running out of the pins, when I want to built a project that consists of a ton of components, i.e, robot that can do many things or have a lots of servos in its, an use only one FEZ to control everything.

I am willing to pay $30 - $60 for fully utilize pins of FEZ “Stretch” Domino, even without USB host, or SD Card.

sam