General comment RE : code.tinyclr.com: No place for comments, no hardware setup notes

@ jasdev,

Honestly i have no idea. never had nothing to do with them. The places where i come from when there is a new release all examples get modified. It just what i am used to, nothing to discredit anyone else.

The places where i come from when there is a new release all examples get modified

Yup, same here.

There are two ways to handle this, of course:

a) Everything gets updated

or

b) Those posting code are required to spell out the environment they used, and a revision history is posted:
– Date the module is posted
– Dev tool
– Framework and firmware version
– Hardware platform

Additionally, posted code should be clear:

1. Ready to run kit, download, compile, and use
    or
  2. Snippet is for reference, is not complete

While ideal for the whole world to get updated, this is user submitted code. In the interest of the community, user submitted code should be encouraged and easy to do, but the process should be “guided” so that consumers/noobs can easily use the goods.

I think if everyone would just link to a forum post in his code submission would be enough at the moment. Either to an existing discussion or as a “Support for my code” posting.

This was implemented last week. Code projects now have related threads here automatically

This was implemented last week. Code projects now have related threads here automatically

Perty cool!
Thanks!

I hadn’t noticed… ::slight_smile: I guess I should look around more often and not stick to the ChipWorkX forum all the time… 8)

How about some simple guidelines for uploading to the code site? i.e add a wiring diagram (maybe a fritzing image) and a good explanation as part of the project package. It all goes into the same zip file. Then anyone downloading the example gets all the relavent info.
This would be especially usefull for people like myself who have a small but growing knowledge of electronics and coding.