Gadgeteer Module Builder Forum?

This board is also good for GHI discussing new modules with community maybe.

The only negative thing is someone reading something about the module while in design stage and then assuming this is how it is on production module. Slight chance but can cause a lot of headache.

My preference would be to have the board focus on the actual building of modules rather than the discussion of new modules.
There is already the Gadgeteer board, News, and the Insider for discussion new and/or potential GHI products.

Well, my 2c would be that if you don’t want folks making assumptions, it might be better to restrict those discussions to the Insiders forum…another incentive for folks to ramp up their points and join the program. :slight_smile:

I like the idea, a great place to talk about some of the design thoughts when you’re putting a module or a code design together. The intricacies of driver install bundling would be a good example of something specific that builders would be interested in (others less so)

@ Brett - I see on the local Kiwi rag it’s getting pretty scary in NSW - you all ok down there?

yeah plenty of bushfire awareness going on in TV land at the moment, they are hyping it up big time. Forcasting 40deg C for our area in Sydney today so its going to be a scorcher. Winds too which is why everyones freaking.

the worst thing - our house is technically in a bushfire zone. in ~92 there was a fire in Sydney that went from Menai and crossed the Woronora river, and then destroyed homes in our street and the next plus many in Como area. The people who built our house were literally taking possession from the builder the day of the fire and were scared they would only be picking up keys and would not have a house to go to. Luckily most of the houses in our end of the cul-de-sac were spared or only had fences destroyed/minor outside damage. None of this has crossed my mind until just now :wink: NOT

@ Brett - eek - fingers crossed for you.

@ Brett, you lucky man. I’ve been stuck at -7 to -11 C here for 2 weeks. I hate winter. I would prefer the 40 C. We usually get a day or two each summer at 40 C and will have a week or two where we get above 35 C every day. I like summer.

@ PintSize.Me - Where is that?

@ Brett - will be praying for you, my friend.

43.1 deg C showing on the weather station at my place (and still climbing!). It’s 30 indoors - and unfortunately we have had an air conditioner failure about a month ago and the guys aren’t scheduled to come fix it later this week/early next. So far the fire danger hasn’t had any major impact in the city, but there are a few fires in the area - they’re saying these are the worst conditions to hit NSW for bushfires in decades.

@ pintsize, right about now I’d appreciate some of that -7 :slight_smile:

Ok, 43.1 C is a bit high.

@ Architect, I’m in Indiana, USA. Thankfully our cold streak should end with us going above 0 C today and up to about 10 C by the end of the week, a virtual heat-wave!

And if anyone wonders how this applies to Gadgeteer, I have built a partial weather-station for my house with Gadgeteer stuff. I want to get a real anemometer module and a barometer module to finish it, then maybe I’ll make it an open feed (not because anyone would use the open feed, just because I can).

After 11pm and still over 32c outside (and barely cooler inside). Fires are burning pretty badly in some areas of the state but so far we haven’t seen too much impact on homes

I have been toying with the idea of a weather station module and including a anemometer …

I remember coming out of the CBA technical building in Sydney in December 2005 - was like a thermo oven - Oz in summer is far too hot…
Good to hear no dramas for you and hopefully it stays that way.

Hope you get some relief soon. Our area in Florida had some serious brushfires several years back – smoke was everywhere. Not a fun time.

Quite frankly I’m surprised you’ve not rigged up some FEZ device to help cool the house while waiting for the repair people to come :slight_smile:

I knew someone in the Armidale area. How’s that locale fairing?

What we really need is a weather generator module – where you can call up some rain by pressing a button on your TE35 :wink:

1 Like

New day, 8am and only 22.8dec now thanks to a big southerly change that came through well after midnight (1:45am when the wind woke me). That plus the excellent work the rural fire service and volunteers have done has dropped all the fires out of the “Emergency Warning” category to “Watch and Act”.

Armidale has been relatively quiet - they’re north and a bit west of Sydney, and largely the worst activity has been south to south-west. They have several fires in the area but all are at the lower, “advice” level. Interesting how the information age changes even the bush fire alert availability Fires Near Me

As for using Fez for cooling, well, if only. The problem in my AC is a gas leak, so it doesn’t cool at all; if it had been anything else I would have either found a way to avoid that or they would have been able to fix it on first visit. Must get on the phone to them today to make sure they know I spent the day in the heat yesterday so they get off their butts to come here quicker - but this time of year is hard because there’s lots of people on holidays etc so it’s tough on everyone to schedule tradies…

Anyway, this has strayed a little from @ Devhammer’s original topic. Yeah, lets have a module builders forum ! :slight_smile:

Ya think? :wink:

Stay safe (and hopefully cool)…