Gadgeteer 4.3 changes

Please do. :wink:

@ ianlee74 - I dug up the post-mortem analysis for the performance testing project for you. You might be interested:

The numbers given are for parsing 500 messages, which total roughly 700k of data. The only change from ProfileParser to ProfileParser2_1 was to switch from an iterator to for loops, calling a delegate instead of yield. It made a pretty big difference.

1 Like

That looks familiar. I believe we had about the same conclusions.

[quote=“Justin”]
and a couple of others that might or might not exist.
[/quote]Denial, it’s not just a river in Egypt :naughty:

Hello,
I had a simple test app running on a MountaineerETH board under 4.2 which used a digital output to drive a relay. The code was all built via Windows XP and Dev Studio 2010.

I have recently upgraded to Windows 7, Dev Studio 2012, and sucessfully updated the Mountaineer board to firmware 4.3. It took me a while to sort out getting the test app to rebuild for 4.3, mostly figuring out where the Gadgeteer.Interface namespace had gone to.

I implemented the code changes (before I found this thread) to use SocketInterfaces.DigitalOutputFactory, so now the code is syntactically correct, but it wont’ compile without errors.

It is coming up with the following build messages

Warning - Reference to type ‘LCDConfigurtion’ claims it is nested within ‘Gadgeteer.Mainboard’ but it could not be found Mountaineer.Gadgeteer.MountaineerEth.dll

Error - Cannot resolve type Gadgeteer.SocketInterfaces.DigitalOutput from assembly GadgeteerTestApp! GadeteerTestApp
Error - CLR_E_FAIL MMP

I’m not worried about the warnings at the moment but I don’t know why it is not resolving DigitalOutput. In the project references I have Gadgeteer listed, and can object browse to Gadgeteer.SocketInterfaces.DigitalOutput.

I have installed, .NET Gadgeteer Core 2.43.900.0
.NET MicroFramework SDK 4.3 (RTM) 4.3.00
Visual Studio Pro 2012 11.0.50727.26

Any Ideas?

I have a solution with cobra II eco and a celullar radio module working on 4.2
I upgraded firmware to 4.3 and now i’m getting some compiler errors on these lines:

private Interfaces.DigitalOutput pwrkey;         
pwrkey = new Interfaces.DigitalOutput(socket, Socket.Pin.Three, false, this);

(the type or name spacename DigitalOutput does not exist…)

following these instructionn i changed those lines to:

using Gadgeteer.SocketInterfaces;
private SocketInterfaces.DigitalOutput pwrkey;
pwrkey = GTI.DigitalOutputFactory.Create(socket, Socket.Pin.Three, false, this);

but the compiler doesn´t recognize GTI (the name GTI does not exist in the current context). So i removed GTI. from that line and the compiler shows no errors, but when building the solution i get some warnings and several errors:

Error 4 Cannot resolve type Gadgeteer.SocketInterfaces.DigitalOutput from assembly GTM.Mekalogic.CellularRadio
Error 5 CLR_E_FAIL

Regards