G400HDR & G400-D Using Distance US3

Distance US3 driver will not work on the G400-D

The driver Distance_US3_42.cs need some attention to be able to use the module.

Error appears to be the code:

The null exception was caused by the code:

Using this causes exception:

Echo = new GTI.DigitalInput(socket, Socket.Pin.Three, GTI.GlitchFilterMode.Off,  GTI.ResistorMode.PullDown, this);

This Works:

Echo = new GTI.DigitalInput(socket, Socket.Pin.Three, GTI.GlitchFilterMode.Off, GTI.ResistorMode.Disabled, this);

EDIT: I removed the check mark for this is a technical question. The post was meant as a comment. NOT that any official driver should be changed…

Sorry for the confusion.

@ willgeorge - I do not think they should change the driver, yes this is a quick fix, but I believe there is really an issue in the firmware and that is what should be fixed. Unless there is some reason that the G400 cannot have a pull-down resistor on the pin, but my reading of the data sheet indicates that there should not be a problem.

@ taylorza -

I do not think they should change the driver…

Poor wording on my part… I only wanted ‘whoever’ to be aware of the problem…

No sure I said to ‘change it’…

@ willgeorge - Ah, the fact that you marked this as a question and state the driver requires attention seemed more like you want something than you are sharing something.

I suffer from over interpretation of data :slight_smile:

@ taylorza -

YES… I agree with you.
I should not have checked as a question.

I usually do not do that, even if it is a question. Not sure why I did.

And your “I suffer from over interpretation of data”

I have ALWAYS done that. I tend to read everything several times and each time I have more questions I want answers for…

I think you can unmark it as a question by editing the first post and unticking the box :wink:

@ Brett -

Done!