Main Site Documentation

G400 won't run after deploy

I updated the G400D module with the latest firmware and tinybooter and I can deploy the application to it but when it runs, it reports this.

Assembly: GHI.Premium.IO (4.2.11.1) needs assembly 'GHI.Premium.System' (4.2.11.1)

I have updated the project to use the correct references.

What’s strange is that GHI.Premium.System 4.2.11.1 is deployed to the device.

Starting device deployment...
Iteration 0
Opening port \\?\usb#vid_1b9f&pid_0102#0000000001#{d32d1d64-963d-463e-874a-8ec8c8082cbf}
Attaching debugger engine...
... debugger engine attached!
Querying device assemblies...
Found Assembly mscorlib 4.2.0.0
Found Assembly Microsoft.SPOT.Native 4.2.0.0
Found Assembly Microsoft.SPOT.Security.PKCS11 4.2.0.0
Found Assembly System.Security 4.2.0.0
Found Assembly Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware 4.2.0.0
Found Assembly Microsoft.SPOT.Graphics 4.2.0.0
Found Assembly Microsoft.SPOT.TinyCore 4.2.0.0
Found Assembly Microsoft.SPOT.IO 4.2.0.0
Found Assembly System.IO 4.2.0.0
Found Assembly Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Usb 4.2.0.0
Found Assembly Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SerialPort 4.2.0.0
Found Assembly Microsoft.SPOT.Touch 4.2.0.0
Found Assembly Microsoft.SPOT.Ink 4.2.0.0
Found Assembly Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.PWM 4.2.0.1
Found Assembly GHI.Premium.IO 4.2.11.1
Adding pe file C:\Program Files (x86)\GHI Electronics\GHI Premium NETMF v4.2 SDK\Assemblies\le\ghi.premium.io.pe to deployment bundle
Adding pe file C:\Users\Dave McLaughlin\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\Glide4.2\Glide\bin\Release\le\ghielectronics.netmf.glide.pe to deployment bundle
Adding pe file C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.2\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.Net.Security.pe to deployment bundle
Adding pe file C:\Program Files (x86)\GHI Electronics\GHI Premium NETMF v4.2 SDK\Assemblies\le\ghi.premium.system.pe to deployment bundle
Adding pe file C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.2\Assemblies\le\System.Http.pe to deployment bundle
Adding pe file C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.2\Assemblies\le\System.Xml.pe to deployment bundle
Adding pe file C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.2\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.Net.pe to deployment bundle
Adding pe file C:\Users\Dave McLaughlin\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\TankLevelGHI400\TankLevelGlide\bin\Debug\le\TankLevelGlide.pe to deployment bundle
Adding pe file C:\Program Files (x86)\GHI Electronics\GHI Premium NETMF v4.2 SDK\Assemblies\le\ghi.premium.net.pe to deployment bundle
Adding pe file C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.2\Assemblies\le\System.pe to deployment bundle
Adding pe file C:\Program Files (x86)\GHI Electronics\GHI Premium NETMF v4.2 SDK\Assemblies\le\ghi.hardware.g400.pe to deployment bundle
Adding pe file C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.2\Assemblies\le\System.Net.Security.pe to deployment bundle
Adding pe file C:\Program Files (x86)\GHI Electronics\GHI Premium NETMF v4.2 SDK\Assemblies\le\ghi.premium.native.pe to deployment bundle
Adding pe file C:\Program Files (x86)\GHI Electronics\GHI Premium NETMF v4.2 SDK\Assemblies\le\ghi.premium.hardware.pe to deployment bundle
Adding pe file C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.2\Assemblies\le\System.Xml.Legacy.pe to deployment bundle
Adding pe file C:\Program Files (x86)\GHI Electronics\GHI Premium NETMF v4.2 SDK\Assemblies\le\ghi.premium.systemupdate.pe to deployment bundle
Attempting deployment...
Incrementally deploying assemblies to device
Deploying assemblies for a total size of 533068 bytes
Assemblies successfully deployed to device.

Now this is weird.

I am trying to run my G400D in my old ChipworkX based board which used an SPI based MicroSD card.

This morning I was debugging without any issues (other than the I2C one I posted in another thread) and later in the morning, I decided to fit an SD card in the slot. That’s when the software would fail to run with the above error.

I suddenly thought to try and remove the card and all of a sudden, it now runs. STRANGE.

The G400D is supposed to support SD via SPI, correct? Is there an issue with capacity of that card? The card I have installed is 16GB. I don’t have any 2GB left and they are as hard as hens teeth to find too.

Hi Dave

I don’t know if that is related to your problem, but I also had deployment issues with a G400 on one specific machine. The error was a3000000 and there was a message on the lines of Assembly xxx needs assembly yyy even though both were deployed.

I believe (and nothing more) that Visual Studio got confused with Debug and Release configurations. I have that feeling because one of the following usually helped:

Change to Debug and back to Release (or the other way round).

Close Visual Studio, delete obj and bin directories (is use TortoiseSvn -> Revert -> Delete unversioned items) and rebuild.

Use FEZ config to “Erase application” and redeploy.

I had issues with methods with an [Conditional(“DEBUG”)] attribute or an #if DEBUG statement. I think that led to the errors, but only on one of our computers.