G400 update problem

I have exactly the same problem mentioned in this post : https://www.ghielectronics.com/community/forum/topic?id=12398

But all answers that I read in this forum have not solved this problem.

Device version from FEZ Config :

Loader (TinyBooter) Version:
Firmware (TinyCLR) Version: 4.2.0.0

I follow these instructions https://www.ghielectronics.com/docs/112/g400 to update TinyBooter, I don’t see any COM Port in the Device Manager but I have “Debugging interface …” and in Printers and Device, there is G400.

I have tested on 3 different computers Win 8 x64 and 2 others Win7 x64 with sam-ba installed. I also tried to reset the board without success.

Any ideas to solve this issue ?

Thanks for your help

Yes I did. But no com port…

if you don’t get a COM port, do you have a device listed in Device Manager that hasn’t got a driver?

I suspect, like Andre does, that you haven’t put it in bootloader mode correctly and it’s probably running in tinyclr mode. Do you have a Debuggable netmf device listed in DevMgr?

No I haven’t any unknown device but I have a Debuggable netmf device listed in the Device Manager.

I have just tried again and I have only the debuggable device. But I should connect the usb power before I release the reset button or when I connect PA11 to the ground ?

What I tried :

• I connect the PA11 to the ground
  • In the same time that I plug usb, I press the reset button and release it.
  • ~200ms after, I release the jumper

I already tried with DC power but without success.

However I have unplug the G400D from his board, clean his pins reconnect it and try again and now it seems working. I see GPS device in the devmgr and I ran the TinyBooter upgrade with success.

Thanks for your help !

I too had problems getting the board into bootloader mode. The Beta TinyBooter Update Procedure did not mention that the reset button would need to be pressed while grounding PA11. Being a newbie at setting up a GHI board I was not making any assumptions about the procedure although in hindsight it would make sense to reset while applying the signal to PA11. You may want to add this tiny tidbit of pressing the reset while applying the ground to PA11 to the online Beta TinyBooter Update Procedure for future new comers like me who follow the instructions to the letter.

@ LupoVa - Documentation updated, thank you!!!