G400 Firmware and Pricing Update

We are very excited to share some excellent news with you today. G400 firmware has progressed a lot faster than we anticipated. It is now completely functional with all major features available. It is also now in sync with our other premium products, meaning you can use the same GHI libraries found in the SDK today. The next SDK will contain the firmware but for now we have the firmware available as a separate download.

This applies to firmware version 4.2.10.0

Current Firmware Includes:
TinyBooter (no longer need to use SAM-BA once loaded, just use FEZ Config tool)
USB Host (on one port only. We are not sure when or if we will ever support the second USB channel but we support USB hubs)
USB Client Debugging
SQLite Database
Networking, over WiFi RS21 or Ethernet ENC28J60 (built in Ethernet is not tested nor implemented yet)
SSL (untested)
Digital IOs
Analog Inputs
PWM Outputs
OneWire protocol
GHI premium libraries
LCD support for any display, up to 800x600
SPI
Boot mode pins, LDR0 and LDR1 (PA24 and PA4)
Serial mode select, on pin PD15

Current Firmware is missing:
Built in Ethernet (However, WiFI and ENC28 work)
USB Host on second channel (We are still undecided on adding this but we support hubs if more ports are needed)
BootUp logo
In-field update
CAN
I2C (use the native Software I2C for now)
Touch
SD card (use USB memory for now)

We have even more exciting news, G400-D has passed FCC and CE testing. This simplifies the end product certification and provides an assurance on the design quality.

The G400-D Module is under $100 in quantity of 100+ and under $75 in higher volumes.

The G400HDR Breakout retails for $29.95.

If you would like to purchase both the G400-D Module and the G400HDR Breakout then act now! We have a limited supply of the G400-D Beta Kit available. If you buy the kit while it’s on sale you will save 31% compared to buying the modules separately in the future.

We look forward to hearing your comments and feedback.

The firmware is found in the developers’ guide. - http://www.ghielectronics.com/docs/112/g400
G400-D Module - https://www.ghielectronics.com/catalog/product/400
G400HDR Breakout - https://www.ghielectronics.com/catalog/product/416
G400-D Beta Kit - https://www.ghielectronics.com/catalog/product/436

3 Likes

Congrats!

Will we be seeing a Gadgeteer driver for the G400HDR in the next SDK?

We haven’t decided on this but probably not. This is like G120HDR, uses Gadgeteer sockets to make things easier to connect but it is not a Gadgeteer mainboard.

Not to worry, the future has a G400 mainboard with plenty of sockets :slight_smile:

Exciting news, I actually just received my beta board today so the updated firmware is perfectly timed.

Are there any functional differences between the boards shipped with the beta product and the boards that have FCC and CE certifications?

@ taylorza - no difference, same board.

Contrats !

Also for the pricing that is promizing !

When do you think the premium CAN and SD libraries will be available?? Desperately need CAN! We cant wait to start using this product.

@ Diesel Engineer - we are progressing faster than anticipated so very soon but no set dates at this point

@ Gary -

I would think you all are busy as … but could we have a bit of code on how to use/reference the sockets on the G400HDR…

OK, I admit I lost on defining the sockets…

I’m sure I’m not the only one that needs this… Or am I?

Thanks and have a great day!

Already seen your other post. We will post the schematics Monday. Looks like we forgot to post it

@ Gus -

Thank you and all others a GHI

I have two small request please:

When you upload new files into the downloads/beta/G400/ folder could you please use new filenames and not simply overwrite existing files. I spend a good 90 minutes trying to figure out where to get the Tinybooter until I realized I had to download the “G400 Beta Programmer.zip” file again because it had changed since the last time I downloaded it and that the Tinybooter release I was looking for was in that file.

Could you please use just one single thread on the forum where all news/firmware updates about the G400 are released. Maybe one where only GHI can post so that it doesn’t become cluttered. Then I can subscribe to it and get notified when there is new information available. I didn’t realize there was a new firmware until now because I was only looking at the previous beta thread.

Thanks a lot for the update. It seems to have deployed without any further problems.

@ Xykon - good ideas. Thanks for the feedback.

Any updates on when the new SDK will be released?

Keen to get hardware I2C working.