G120HDR Gadgeteer programs

Can you tell me how to make it work without a mainboard? You have read the foregoing posts, so you know what I have done.

I give up, this is to hard for me.
I do not want to become an expert, I only want to use my gadgeteer modules on the G120HDr, as promised and advertised by GHI.
I wait for Brett and Justin, I am sure they know the answer.

So, Brett and Justin, do you hear me?

@ steenis - i will build a Gadgeteer driver for it in the morning. All my tools are at the office…

Thank you, Justin

@ steenis - The G120HDR has these socket so you can easy wire and use gadgeteer modules with this board but NOT as a gadgeteer project, this is a netmf SOM board where you have to add the correct references. But then again, this is no rocket science, just browse in the available references and include the one from your gadgeteer module, be sure to also add it in your project code and from there intelisense will help you on the way.

But you will always need netmf / c# / programming skills to build a project in this environment.

Steenis, you can plug the modules in just fine, that’s the capability you’ve been offered. As you’ve found, Gadgeteer takes so much of the difficulty away, so if you’re serious about wanting to make things simple I’d suggest you get a different mainboard if you can. It really will make things much easier.

And I am sure I DON’T know the answer ! I hear you, but you’re wrong :):slight_smile: Justin on the other hand, looks like he knows the answer and will help with a driver. But at some point, you’re going to need to crack open what he creates, when you map/remap hardware pins to the sockets.

YEP, it’s only gives you a easy access to gadgeteer modules (rapid proto etc) but it’s still a SOM, not a a gadgeteer board.

@ David@ Emrol, please, read the complete thread because we are beyond that point. You said:
"YEP, it’s only gives you a easy access to gadgeteer modules (rapid proto etc) but it’s still a SOM, not a a gadgeteer board."
and
"But then again, this is no rocket science, just browse in the available references and include the one from your gadgeteer module, be sure to also add it in your project code and from there intelisense will help you on the way.
If it is easy, so please tell me how to get things working?
If you have good ideas I am interested.

@ Brett
But what about your solution in post #33 ?

@ steenis - Beta testing time - cause i haven’t tested it :smiley:

http://www.ingenuitymicro.com/media/636/G120Hdr.zip

@ MikeCormier
I respond to your posts #2 and #4
Can you tell more on how to adapt the software to see the sockets of the G120HDR, especiall the user-socket? If possible, with examples?

@ all
Is it possible to define a socket? Instead of
Socket socket = Socket.GetSocket(socketNumber, true, this, null);
which collects the info from the hardware, I think, can I define a socket with something like
Socket socket = new Socket();
socket.pin4 = GHI.Premium.Hardware.G120.Pin.P0_15;
Something like that?

Try this…

GT.Socket socket = GT.Socket.SocketInterfaces.CreateNumberedSocket(1);
            socket.SupportedTypes = new char[] { 'B', 'Y' };
            socket.CpuPins[3] = G120.Pin.P2_13;
            socket.CpuPins[4] = G120.Pin.P1_26;
            socket.CpuPins[5] = G120.Pin.P1_27;
            socket.CpuPins[6] = G120.Pin.P1_28;
            socket.CpuPins[7] = G120.Pin.P1_29;
            socket.CpuPins[8] = G120.Pin.P2_4;
            socket.CpuPins[9] = G120.Pin.P2_2;
            GT.Socket.SocketInterfaces.RegisterSocket(socket);

No idea if it works…

@ Justin,

Your driver compiles without errors. But I am at my work and I cannot test it here. In the evening I can test further.
Does your driver automatically see which cpu-pins are connected with the user-socket?

@ Justin
Close - the sockets aren’t quite right (tried TE35), and the G120 might be better off flipped over, but for a quick hack at the office … you are a Legend!
(i.e. Blue -> Nirvana, Green -> OK, Red -> SPI)

@ Lurch - My excuse cough is i have a v1 board…

@ The user socket isnt wired up - you need to do that…

You were too fast, I put the edit above. I also have a V1 and wired the SPI to socket 4, and Touch to socket 6. The BLUE (socket 3) is in Nirvana. The 180° flip on the G120 would put it on the same par as other modules, as far as dierection goes. But who am I to complain - I can’t even do what you did in 5 minutes :wink:
<edit: looking at it again, maybe your numbering is from the bottom?>

Nah, was cut and paste whoopsie…

http://www.ingenuitymicro.com/media/639/G120Hdr-v1.0.1.zip

Closer - it still connects Blue to Red and Red to Blue for the TE35.
Coffee is always good - er, sorry, not very British. Tee?
<edit: Tee is for after work, I meant tea>

@ Lurch - I’m a training Pom - so Coffee :wink:
The sockets should be right for v2 as they are swapped on v1…

@ steenis
sorry for preempting your thread.

@ Justin
thanks - very nice. Back to work now.

I understand that, but how does your driver know how I wired the user-socket? I guess your driver must know which cpu-pins are used.

@ Lurch, no problem.