G120 Update from 4.2.7 to 4.2.9

Hi all, i’m trying to update my G120 to the 4.2.9 but having problems, please have a look at the video:

I tested this on 4 different computers with 3 different boards, always the same results.
I dont see any other messages on the forum about this behavior so i guess it must be something with my setup?
On the image attached you can see what pin’s are connected.

[EDIT] looks like i had my finger on the mic at some points…

Please put your board in TinyBooter mode (you will see that on the display), then use MFDeploy to deploy the the hot fix.

@ Gus - Same result :

Wat else to check?

What files have you selected in Mfdeploy?

I selected the 3 hex files from :

http://www.tinyclr.com/forum/topic?id=11074

Should i be able to transfer the files with teraterm? because this is failing on the bigger files, hangs after ± 133000 bytes.

There is 1 thing in common with all the test and this is the USB Client DP Module so tomorrow at the office i try using USB Client SP Module and a separate power supply for 3.3 and 5 volt.

Maybe there are 2 things in common, all my OS’s on the 4 computers i tested with are in DUTCH…
I have used a win7 64 bit, win 7 32 bit, a vista premium and a XP pro, but all in Dutch, if the separation between USB and power is no solution i will setup a machine with the international english version from MSDN.

[quote=“David@ Emrol”]
There is 1 thing in common with all the test and this is the USB Client DP Module so tomorrow at the office i try using USB Client SP Module and a separate power supply for 3.3 and 5 volt.[/quote]

This is the one :slight_smile: when i switched to USB Client SP update was ok… (headbang)

=> that is because pin 2.1 is LMode pin.

@ Dat - this is wrong marked on the picture, i used 2.10, however i “did” used 2.1 before… http://www.tinyclr.com/forum/topic?id=10823

Updating with USB Client DP Module is also working if i don’t use the power adaptor.
Maybe this is just a coincidence but for me this was 100% reproducible.

@ GHI: can you set this topic as answered?

What is your supply voltage and current?

What is your DP module version number?

@ Gus - USB Client DP 1.3 and a 19V 3.16A power supply but…

I had 2 differences between my setup from Sunday and my setup on Monday.
On Monday I uninstalled all GHI and Netmf software and did a new setup, this was version 4.2.9.0

I just tested all the scenario’s again and updating from 4.2.7.0 to 4.2.9.1 gives the failure i had. (with USB Client DP and external power)
Updating from 4.2.9.0 to 4.2.9.1 is working correct (with USB Client SP OR USB Client DP and external power or USB Client DP without external power)

What you are describing is impossible, but I do believe you!

Thanks, case closed :wink: