G120 touch pin configuration

Hello! I created my own custom board with G120 module and touch screen. My board use all SPI and it’s conflicts with TCH_YD and TCH_XR pins and i’m moved it to to 38 and 40 pins from 41 and 42. Now i run board and lcd seems okay, but i need configure pins in touch handler for get touch working. Is there any way to do this?

Touch is hard coded to those pins in G120’s NetMF Firmware. There is nothing that can be done in switching them without a custom firmware being produced.

Do you require the use of a separate SPI bus for all of your SPI devices or can you use the shared SPI bus, say SPI1, to free up SPI3?

It’s really sad to hear this. :frowning: All SPI’s was used and can’t be merged cuz of sensevity of radio devices. Is there an any solution for my case?

You could try to simulate the Touch controller with a manual Analog sampling but you would need to either use C# (which might be slow) or RLP (which could be somewhat problematic because you would need to rapidly invoke the RLP code which could interfere with other processes that your program may require. RLP blocks the NetMF code).

If this is not an option for you, through our Consultation service, we can provide you with a custom firmware.

@ Dave McLaughlin has done some touch controller activities for his 5" display, and might be able to say if he’s used an alternative approach or whether he just fed the set pins…

I do not see the need for RLP. It should be easy to read touch right from c#

The touch panel I use is I2C and Simon wrote the driver for that.

I think I know your issue.

Are you calling GlideTouch.Initialize(); in your code or some other touch initialisation if not using Glide?

I was doing this in my code and couldn’t figure out why one of the GPIO pins was coming up as already in use.

Don’t call any code that will init the ADC based touch driver. Just use your own SPI based one and pass in the touch to the driver.

Are there any examples for 4-pin touch driver?

Which touch IC are you using?

4.3 inch Standard Resistive TFT this display