G120 Power Saving Tests 150mA to 24mA

@ Dat - ahh the deep sleep bit. That is awesome news. You guys rock

The RTC alarm is going to make so much difference for my application.

Thanks for prioritizing low power.

Hi guys

I have a cobra II eco and used much of the code found here to reduce power consumption from about 100mA to 60mA. Iā€™m not using hibernate because i donā€™t know how to wake up it again. I donĀ“t have RTC so can you please help me showing how to use interrupts? I know that some signal have to be applied, but where?

I also donā€™t use the SD card, USB host or the LCD, how to disable those parts?

Regards

@ geologic - are you using the latest firmware?. It has lower power consumption out of the box at full speed. I havenā€™t tested the CPU underclocking with it extensively, there are a few issues, but on the whole it works.

The cobra II does have a real time clock - presuming it has the 32khz crystal installed. You might need to connect the vbat pin to 3.3v for it to run.

The example of how to use interrupt are in the digital inputs docs under support. Also the preliminary G120 user manual is a really good resource. There is currently a small workaround required to fix an issue with deepsleep(hibernate) see this thread https://www.ghielectronics.com/community/forum/topic?id=16365

Currently iā€™m using firmware 4.2, i tried to upgrade to 4.3.3 but get some errors when deploying. Iā€™m using cobra with celular radio module and CellularRadioManager code:

(ā€¦)
Assembly: GTM.Mekalogic.CellularRadioManager (1.1.0.0) needs assembly ā€˜Microsoft.SPOT.Nativeā€™ (4.2.0.0)

Error: a3000000

How do i fix this?

[quote]
Currently iā€™m using firmware 4.2, i tried to upgrade to 4.3.3 but get some errors when deploying. Iā€™m using cobra with celular radio module and CellularRadioManager code:

(ā€¦)
Assembly: GTM.Mekalogic.CellularRadioManager (1.1.0.0) needs assembly ā€˜Microsoft.SPOT.Nativeā€™ (4.2.0.0)

Error: a3000000[/quote]

A30000000 means firmware version doesnā€™t match the application version youā€™re attempting to use. You need to do two things - update the firmware on your board to the version you want (4.2 or 4.3, whichever) and then in your solution make sure youā€™re targeting the same version. If youā€™re using an existing project you need to change the framework version it targets, then remove all references (in solution explorer) then you need to re-add the replacements which will add the correct versions. Then deploying should no longer give you this error.

I might add:

Hmm, I would wait for the next SDK release, which should have PPP working, and hence a much neater cellular driver would be possible.

I tried updating CRM to 4.3 but iā€™m having some troubles. I started a new thread, if somewone could helpā€¦

https://www.ghielectronics.com/community/forum/topic?id=16721

Thanks