G120 Firmware Hotfix v4.2.9.10

@ andre.m - I don’t understand “automatically enabled” Do you never call enableDhcp() because of IsDhcpEnabled() returns true ?

@ andre.m - Yes you are right… I was not clear in my previous post about putting EnableDHCP in a loop. its possible to put RenewDhcpLease() in a loop… that worked for me in 4.2.9 but maybe you can effort more time to wait for the fix :wink:

Hello,

I just tried the 4.2.9.10 with your DHCP test code from the other thread and it seems to work. At least I am getting the IP address that my router (FritzBox 7320) hands out to the Cobra II.

I hope I find some more time to play with the network stack during the next days.

Greetings
Peter

@ Steven, @ GHI - I think this patch not only solved a problem but also introduced a new one :frowning:

The WiFi RS9110 Scan method boots the G120 when its not connected to the PC using USB… I checked and i am sure it has nothing to do with power.

Update1… Hmmm… flashing the device wih 4.2.9… shows same reboot … investigating
Update2… flahing the G120 again with 4.2.9… now its working … i haven’t a clue trying again… 4.2.9.10
Update3… flash again with 4.2.9.10… now its working and wont reset in wifi.Scan()

Strange behavior… don’t have a clue for it…

Update4: Application has been running for about 15 minutes… and spontaneously it reboots… After a reboot the wifi.Scan is executed again and reboots in the Scan method. The only way to have the system not rebooting during Scan() is to connect the device to the PC with an USB cable… Once the USB cable is connected and a wifi connection is established i can remove the USB cable and run the application
Flashed the device again 4.2.9 and its running again… lets see for how long…

@ GHI / Steven - Is there any know issue related to debug output to usb and this kind of problems

Update 3/10 Solved the problem… And fortunately it has nothing to do with the firmware… It was a weak gadgeteer flatcable that connects a power board with my custom G120 board… During a wifi scan a relative large amount of power is consumed and caused a voltage drop below 3.1 volt. On my G120 board i’m using a MAX811 supervisory circuits to monitor the power supply. This devices issued a reset pulse to the G120 module. I assume that the gadgeteer cable became affected of wear and tear.
Sorry that i was thinking in the direction of the firmware, but the perception is a result of all the issues i discovered over the last months.

Just to inform everyone, this update also fix request.GetResponse() freeze.
( http://www.tinyclr.com/forum/topic?id=11175&page=1 )

Hi,

I just tried the 4.2.9.10 with your DHCP test code from the other thread and it seems to work. I am getting the IP address that my router (FritzBox 7390) hands out to the Cobra 2.
Regards
Roland

Is this for the FEZ spider also?

No it is for G120 based boards. Spider is EMX.

Where do i down firmware 4.2.10? Well the latest one anyway for the g120?

https://www.ghielectronics.com/support/.net-micro-framework

Just if anyone is looking…the firmware files do not have a version no…i just look at the date of the firmware files to get a indication of how current they are,

G120 and wifi does not get ip address ie 0.0.0.0

Using firmware v4.2.9.10, Router NetGear CG3100 Using the code as specified on page 1…

Would this be becuase of my router or is there something else i can try, intersting thing is that the dns are assigned but not ip,gateway.

Wireless is: Connected
IsActivated: True
IsLinkConnected: True
IsOpen: True
Is DhCp enabled: True
Is DynamicDnsEnabled enabled: False
NetworkInterfaceType 71
Network settings:
IP Address: 0.0.0.0
Subnet Mask: 0.0.0.0
Default Gateway: 0.0.0.0
Number of DNS servers:2
DNS Server 0:6.9.8.13
DNS Server 1:6.9.14.7

Everytime ii try to get join wifi…i get this error…

interesting…when i chnaged authentication to wep on my router…it works! go figure!