Main Site Documentation

G120 and firmwares 4.3.7 and 4.3.8

I’m maintaining one device on Gadgeteer Spider that has firmware 4.3.7.1, and my installed libraries are 4.3.7.10. I’ve bought some more GHI Spider boards and need devices 2 and 3 up and running, and now find out that they have firmware 4.3.8.1 and I can’t load the same software. How do I upgrade my first spider to firmware 4.3.8, and where do I download libraries for 4.3.8? Thanks

All sdks are here https://www.ghielectronics.com/support/netmf/sdks the libraries and firmware are installed together.

Use fez config to update.

Thanks for the link. I’ve downloaded the “GHI Electronics NETMF SDK 2016 R1” package, and now, when I’m recompiling, I get a bunch of 'The type or namespace name ‘GHIElectronics’ does not exist in the namespace ‘Gadgeteer.Modules’, but I seem to have valid references, and all the relevant references have a version # of 4.3.8.1 (the Gadgeteer references are #2.43.1.0)

For example, the compiler (VS2013) now complains about this:
Gadgeteer.Modules.GHIElectronics.RS232 serprt;

Saying that the term GHIElectronics is unknown. Here are my references:

Any suggestions? Thanks

Forget it. Even though the version # showed correct, I had to remove the reference and then add it in again.

GHIElectronics: Thanks for all your help. Gadgeteer has been a blast, and I’m so sad it’s gone. Here’s my result: Three waterproof, battery-powered, cellular radio transmitters we use for Orienteering events, ready for next week’s Canadian Championships.

That is great. I think you will want to see tomorrow’s tech talk at 10am :wink: