Free boards from GHI ... Happy Holidays!

Rhino is exactly what you are describing, but I do not know why you are so against it.

Rhino is good. But it has 1/3 of it’s layout space wasted to wiz connection and FEZ specific connections. Maybe I’m too obssesed about spacing.

Sorry for this non-topic discusion. Just wanted to know if devSys (or devSys2.0 ;)) will be available someday. But as Brett said, first post made this clear… :slight_smile:

Well. Rhino maybe is a little big indeed.
But, what robotics kind are you building? In the things I create a domino and rhino are fine.

The new robot will be that big that it should even be big enough to house a chipworkx, lol. :smiley:

Robert!

What are you planning? Take over the world!? ;D

Robert,

the only real competition here were I’m live is with sumo robots http://www.balticrobotsumo.org I participated in 3kg and 0.5 kg categories.As USBizi (FEZ) abit overkill for sumo, but it’s very good when it needs aditional functionality - loging. As Rhino would fit 3kg category, it wouldn’t fit to 0.5kg.

There is another non-competition category freestyle, for wich I am bilding a robot now. It is on a Roomba vacum cleaner platform. It will have Panda and mp3 module on it. Will play the music when it cleans, will dance when music would play, and would react (with sound) to varius sensors. Probably not all at a time :slight_smile:

[quote]Robert!

What are you planning? Take over the world!? [/quote]
Yes, I will try take over the world with FEZ robots GNA GNA GNA :whistle:

@ Rimvis
Alright. Now I understand why you are so into saving space.
I believe you said that you did not like the mini for it’s pin out?

Why is that? You could create a small perfboard with some headers to stick the mini in.
You can then also add some screw terminals, JST3 or other connectors for motors / sensors / controls…?

Probably I could :slight_smile:

After all I think I will do custom board with USBizi and an 8bit controller for sensors. Last 3kg board had 3 avr 8bit uC on it. Here is the foto [url]http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/7973/img3134k0.jpg[/url] it was hand soldered, and i’m not very good at that.

Maybe we should move to robotics section of this forum?

Just got my DevSys!

Thanks GHI!

By the way. What does “GHI” stand for? Just curious. :wink:

great horizon international … no longer used though

I thought it stood for your name, Gus?

Does your middle name start with an H? I know the rest of your name lines up…

I had a similar guess. ;D
G? kHayat Issa

@ Architect…where did you get “khayat” from? :slight_smile:

From the envelope, that I just got from you, man! :smiley:

Haha :slight_smile:

I was going to say…how did you know!?

And no, the H in GHI doesn’t stand for khayat.

Gus, the Hero, Issa then? :smiley:

First of all Thanks GHI for a wonderful gift offer!
I got mine two days ago.

And I got a chance to play with the USBizi Dev Board today.

Very nice! It even has the latest Firmware installed! :smiley:

Thanks again!

I got mine a few days ago too, BTW. Thanks so much.

I got one too, thanks !

Mine is waiting on the tinkerer kits to arrive… :frowning:
Patience… so hard keep when there are FEZ boards waiting to be shipped :smiley: