Food for thought

1 Like

@ willgeorge - I almost hate to say how old I was before I got my own computer at home let alone having a home made network at 6.

That sounds like an awesome kid. I think the article grossly over-hypes the difficulty and credibility that comes with passing an MCP exam but its still a great accomplishment for such a young kid. It’s been many years since I’ve been to an interview where someone gave a damn about my Microsoft certifications.

I almost hate to say how old I was before home computers or networks were invented, but that’s ok as I used to wired up my own logic circuits as a kid.

Heck I remember when soldering irons looked like this, think I’m dangerous with a soldering iron now, you should have seen me as a kid.

2 Likes

Did you have to soak that in a bed of hot coal before use? :smiley:

[quote=“Duke Nukem”]Heck I remember when soldering irons looked like this, think I’m dangerous with a soldering iron now, you should have seen me as a kid.
[/quote]

@ Duke Nukem - Looks like some kind of instrument for torture. ;D

[quote=“Architect”]@ Duke Nukem - Looks like some kind of instrument for torture. ;D[/quote] if you were a wire and about a pound of solder it must have seemed like torture as my shop teacher used to cry when he saw my connections, but I figured I could have run Grand Coulee through those joins.

1 Like

Looks like heated by gas.

@ Architect -

Yes and we used 20 mule team borax for soldering paste

I used one of those for soldering - not for electronics though.

My first computer toy.

Network…??? 8)

1 Like

This was the first model iType from apple :wink: