hey thanks a lot guys.
i got it working.
for future reference:
you guys were right, i updated the button assembly and it works like a charm now.
the camera was a bit trickier. i had actually already unsuccessfully tried to adjust the focus. the issue was that i had a breakpoint in the button event handler, and another one in the camera event handler. it seems like the camera was actually capturing the whole time in between both breakpoints, and the image was completely saturated. i removed the breakpoint, which allowed me to see the colors, and then it was a matter of fixing the focus, and voila! works like a charm!