First G120 based design

Hi Anthony,

If you can run wiring then CAN is an ideal way to do the control. You don’t even need a microcontroller for some devices. Microchip do some devices than can transmit and receive CAN that can be used to switch on and off systems and send back status etc.

My favourite, non NETMF device is the AT90CAN32/64/128 from Atmel. I have also discovered the LPC11C14 device from NXP which has a very nice CAN driver in ROM. Only needs a few calls to make it work. In fact, I got a system up and working in 1 day with this device using Coocox development board and software.

If you have any questions on CAN just let me know. I am just about to get a Cobra 2 board talking to the Coocox board this coming week. :slight_smile:

Oh rats! Spanner in the works.

Just received an email from DHL and there is an issue with importing the WiFi module. It seems I need a POSTEL Permit, which is the local telecommunications body here in Indonesia.

I have searched and it appears that the frequency is considered license free but that there is a need for type approval so I may have to wait a bit and see if they will allow it through as I stated that it is for personal use only. :frowning: