Firmware update issues

I’ve successfully configured and uploaded a hello world to my chipworkx dev system v1.2 in the past over a year ago at about net 3.5. Tonight I’ve been trying to update to .net 4.1. The dev system is still booting the old hellow world with a button push and some graphics…

I have the ms .net 4.1 microframework installed
the ghi netmf v4.1sdk installed.
using vs2010 Premium

I’m having trouble updating the firmware. I’ve been reading (several times) the steps outlined in this document: http://www.ghielectronics.com/downloads/ChipworkX/ChipworkX_DevSys_Getting_Started.pdf

holding up, down and select then pressing reset does not result in a proceed message. I never get a prompt to erase or other instructions …

I’m running Win 7 64 bit. I have the drivers installed.
I don’t seem to be able to ping with mfdeploy.
The com port comes up and down as the dev board waits for mfdeploy then runs my loaded app.

The development board is version 1.2
message is Entering TinyBooter…
TinyBooter Version: 01.01.000

Any suggestions?

I’m curious what are differences between dev board version 1.2 (mine) and 1.5 which I assume is the currently available version?

Are you continuing to hold the buttons for 2-3 seconds after you hit the reset button?

[quote]holding up, down and select then pressing reset does not result in a proceed message. I never get a prompt to erase or other instructions …
[/quote]
You can force it by following the steps under “Emergency Bootstrap access”

The schematics for both boards are under downloads. They are mainly minor improvements so nothing you should worry about.

Cool. That worked. In a green font I have "Version: 4.1.5.1 "

Deployed a Hello World and tested with mfdeploy. works.

Note: com5 != COM5
In the “ChipworkX_TinyBooter_Updater.bat” file. COM must be upper case.