Firmware install after GHI NETMF v4.2 and .NET Gadgeteer Package

I have an old Spider mainboard that won’t work after installing GHI NETMF v4.2 and .NET Gadgeteer Package. I’ve reinstalled firmware with both the FEZSpiderMainboardUpdater.exe and with Tiny Booter, Tera Term, and MF Deploy. I build a project, and it always fails to run it.

I had an issue after updating to 4.2 where the default template was still pointing to the 4.1 Gadgeteer.dll library. To fix it, I had to remove the reference and then re-add from the 4.2 folder.

1. Anything helpful in the Output window in VS? If I recall correctly, my error info was showing up in the “Debug” pull down.

2. Have you verified that project is setup for 4.2?

It builds ok, but when I try to run it, I get the hardware error.

That was the same issue for me.

Here’s the thread for the issue I had (for a Cerbuino instead). Perhaps it will help solve your issue.

http://www.tinyclr.com/forum/topic?id=9035

It was a little different, but I remembered having some deployment problems a while back. All I had to do was switch the transport from USB to Emulator and back to USB in Project/.NET Micro Framework. It runs now. Strange how these things can let you hang for hours.

Glad you got it worked out.

I’ll have to add the “fix” to my knowledge base. Seems like it may come in handy one of these days.