Filestream tutorial

Is there a solid in depth/detailed tutorial on working with files & filestreams? I’m talking where the in/outs & pitfalls are examined.
I’m not talking about an api guide with a bunch of random command links, but a cohesive explanatiion of the topic.

I have what i need working now, but not sure I grasp whether its the best arrangement.

I understand your concerns very well Hoyt. I had some problems with the file system when working on USBizi. Main problem was OutOfMemory exception. I managed to overcome all of them but i won’t risk a head saying that there won’t be any new issues. I advise this when working with files:

When you read/write always use something like this

public static class FileHelper
{
	public const int BufferSize = 64;

public static byte[] ReadFile(string path)
	{
		byte[] bytes;

using (var stream = new FileStream(path, FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read, FileShare.None, BufferSize))
		{
			bytes = new byte[stream.Length];
			stream.Read(bytes, 0, bytes.Length);
			stream.Close();
		}

return bytes;
	}

public static void WriteFile(string path, byte[] bytes)
	{
		using (var stream = new FileStream(path, FileMode.Create, FileAccess.Write, FileShare.None, BufferSize))
		{
			stream.Write(bytes, 0, bytes.Length);
			stream.Close();
		}
	}
}

It is important on USBizi as the file descriptor needs to be small (memory limits). So keep the BufferSize value small. Another thing i noticed was that File.Exists has an issue when you provide a specific argument. More on this can be found here

http://www.tinyclr.com/forum/topic?id=7003

Always use filestreams and filereader in using() clause and call Close() method before exiting it. It is also helpfull to call garbage collector after each read/write in order to release some memory.

Filestream.me Service Review:

I am posting here my individual surveys in the wake of utilizing there siphoning administration and cloud information stockpiling administration.

Speed:

Concerning Speed Filestream gives speediest download speed than another free torrent siphoning locales that I ever utilized. I utilized both free and star administration from them and I must say their machines’ give super quick speed to both PRO and Free clients.

Leeching time:

I contrasted Filestream Pro and Zbigz Premium. On the off chance that you are a free client then after 2 or 3 download in filestream, it will be lowered around decent lot of time. Filestream can get documents from any torrent arrange and transfer that to their remote server quick than Bytebx and Zbigz.

As cloud storage:

Both free and premium clients can transfer records to Filestream without any bother with boundless storage room. You can transfer your documents from your Computer and access them from Both PC and Android gadget utilizing filestream android application.

Final Verdict:

Presently, regarding verdict, Filestream substantiates itself! What we cherished most in Filestream is its basic client interface that we can see in both electronic UI and android application. Indeed, a typical client can profit free boundless storage room, which is something extraordinary as contrast with other cloud administration suppliers. Thus, we might want to propose Filestream to everybody who is hunting down an approach to oversee records from anyplace around the globe!