FEZ watch running NETMF!

Google" Microsoft Spot Watch". It was the reason for .NET MF.

Well yea i know but it isent selling any more :’(, so some one else should make one!

It would be a very cool watch to have indeed.

Welcome to the community

@ Petoj - Here’s you a good starting point. Build a custom Cerb40 PCB to fit the design & maybe replace the 7-segment with a OLED module & you’re ready to sport some major geekiness!

@ Petoj - this is a DIY kinda forum… i.e. make your own prototype as ianlee74 suggested. We’re here to help, and maybe even buy one.

FWIW - I have the SolderTime clock/watch. I have yet to wear it in public, though :slight_smile: The enclosure tends to restrict wrist articulation enough to be annoying. It has been running on my bedstand for almost a year with 2D cell batteries and no signs of slowing down ;). The chip is a PIC, and is a great example of how to optimize for low power use.

That button cell wouldn’t run the Cerb MCU for very long…

The MCU consumes somewhere between ~60mA and ~100mA, depending on ambient temperature and what peripherals are enabled. You could cut that SIGNIFICANTLY if you underclocked it, the current consumption scales somewhat linerally with clock speed.

Assuming your button cell is ~225 mAh, that gives you between 3.75 hours and 2.25 hours of run-time just for the MCU itself. Once you add a display, it goes down from there.

If you underclocked the MCU quite a bit, chose a very low-power display, and kept nearly all the peripherals turned off (what peripherals would you need, anyway…), you might get a day’s run time.

Using a rechargeable coin cell is pretty much a non-starter, they vary from ~40 to ~110 mAh of capacity.

If you went with a small LiPo, you might get 1000 mAh in a form factor that could be made to work.

The coming rechargeable module we have ran it for 2 cerberus for 2 days :slight_smile: but it is too big for a watch

You know what they say…

Big wrist… big watch !

Found the following imwatch.it and Smartphones | Sony Sverige wonder if they could be flashed to run netmf?

If it can run Android, it probably has the horsepower to run NETMF.