FEZ Raptor - cannot update tinybooter

Another problem has arisen, which is a new behavior, not seen before I installed the new GHI SDK. I get an error that the device cannot be found, but it is found. I have not seen this before, and it is not stopping me, but I wanted to capture the symptoms in case it is related to the SDK and not to my particular installation. My workaround is to ignore the error message and see if it works…

Here is how it shows up:
1. Rebuild solution previously running fine.
2. Start application (debug mode), error displays "There were deployment errors. Continue?"
3. Answer yes. Error list shows "37 Device not found or cannot be opened - USB:G400"
4. Immediate window show the following, and the program begins executing.

Using mainboard GHI Electronics FEZRaptor version 1.0
Message from Class Bluetooth 1: Baudrate set to 38400
Message from Class Bluetooth: Try to set BT-Module baudrate to: 38400
Message from Class Bluetooth: Could connect to BT-Module with baudrate 38400 in 16.561600000000002 msec
Program Started
Client Mode
Enter Pairing Mode
Bluetooth State Changed to :1

5. Output window shows:

Found debugger!

Create TS.

Loading start at 202ce7d4, end 202fd79c

Assembly: mscorlib (4.2.0.0)     Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Native (4.2.0.0)     Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Security.PKCS11 (4.2
.0.0)     Assembly: System.Security (4.2.0.0)     Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware (4.2.0.0)  
   Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Graphics (4.2.0.0)     Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.TinyCore (4.2.0.0)  
   Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.IO (4.2.0.0)     Assembly: System.IO (4.2.0.0)     Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Usb (4.2.0.0) 
    Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SerialPort (4.2.0.0)     Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Touch (4.2.0.0)  
   Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Ink (4.2.0.0)     Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.PWM (4.2.0.1)  
Loading Deployment Assemblies.

Attaching deployed file.

Assembly: Microsoft.VisualBasic (1.0.0.0)  Attaching deployed file.

Assembly: Gadgeteer (2.42.0.0)  Attaching deployed file.

Assembly: Bluetooth (1.0.0.0)  Attaching deployed file.

Assembly: GTM.GHIElectronics.Bluetooth (4.2.102.0)  Attaching deployed file.

Assembly: Gadgeteer.Serial (2.42.0.0)  Attaching deployed file.

Assembly: Bluetooth_Pairing_Test (1.0.0.0)  Attaching deployed file.

Assembly: GTM.GHIElectronics.UsbClientDP (4.2.102.0)  Attaching deployed file.

Assembly: GHIElectronics.Gadgeteer.FEZRaptor (4.2.102.0)  Attaching deployed file.

Assembly: GHI.Premium.IO (4.2.11.1)  Attaching deployed file.

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Net (4.2.0.0)  Attaching deployed file.

Assembly: GHI.Premium.Hardware (4.2.11.1)  Attaching deployed file.

Assembly: GHI.Premium.System (4.2.11.1)  Attaching deployed file.

Assembly: GTM.GHIElectronics.Display_T43 (4.2.102.0)  Resolving.

GC: 1msec 277536 bytes used, 66828228 bytes available

Type 0F (STRING              ):     24 bytes

Type 15 (FREEBLOCK           ): 66828228 bytes

Type 17 (ASSEMBLY            ):  33120 bytes

Type 1E (BINARY_BLOB_HEAD    ): 244320 bytes

Type 34 (APPDOMAIN_HEAD      ):     72 bytes

GC: performing heap compaction...

The debugging target runtime is loading the application assemblies and starting execution.
Ready.

Seems that you deploy two .dlls for the Bluetooth module. With the new SDK the original .dll from GHI seems to be deployed additionally to your modified Version.
I don’t know if this is the reason for the error message.

@ RoSchmi:
You are right.
In VB you have a tab on My Project for References, and a button to detect “Unused References…”. Clicking on that does not detect that the GTM.GHIElectronics.bluetooth is not needed.
I still deleted it, and the program still rebuilds and runs, although I still get the spurious error messages.
Rocky