Fez Hydra and Fez Spider Firmware, SDK & Gadgeteer

Hi All,

I’ve recently dusted off a bunch of stuff from GHI, from my Last post this was 5 years ago.

So grabbing the latest sdks etc, im getting a bunch of issues that i don’t remember having all those years ago.

Examples:

Gyro and Barometer not firing the MeasurementComplete events

Bunch of Classes obsolete ( DisplayT35, Barometer) - Not sure if this is due to the disbanding of Gadgeter or that the TE35 replaced it.

When i do run:

The thread ‘’ (0x2) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
#### Exception System.NullReferenceException - CLR_E_NULL_REFERENCE (1) ####
#### Message:
#### Gadgeteer.Modules.Module+DisplayModule::OnDisplayConnected [IP: 0023] ####
#### Gadgeteer.Modules.GHIElectronics.DisplayT35::.ctor [IP: 0071] ####
#### Gadgeteer.Modules.GHIElectronics.DisplayT35::.ctor [IP: 000a] ####
#### MFConsoleApplication4.Program::Main [IP: 0015] ####
A first chance exception of type ‘System.NullReferenceException’ occurred in Gadgeteer.dll
DisplayT35 ERROR : A display ‘Display T35’ with resolution 320×240 and 0 orientation was connected. However, the mainboard is unable to fulfil its requirements.

So my questions, which is a good version of firmware/sdk i should target to be able to play once again.

Regards

John

1 Like

You will have a better experience with spider, so let’s focus on it. Hydra was discontinued a very long time ago.

I personally would use it with netmf directly, no gadgeteer software. This requires a bit more work initially but it opens the door to many possibilities down the road.

Use the latest SDK.

@ KartAssist - you are getting an exception when the ondisplayconnected event is fired. I suspect you are not registered for that event. Try adding a handler.

1 Like

Any tips on why the Hydra or Spider don’t show up in vs2017?

@ KartAssist - that is normal as it is not supported by netmf, not even 2015

That is changing with the new TinyCLR, which supports 2017. See the several news announcements about this please.