FEZ Domino Inquiry

no worries. I’m on it. got the code from google = “xmodem c#” and it is working reliably over my xbee, albeit slow.
I’m still hunting for the bottleneck and learning some interesting things:

• His code seems to accept receiving files at 1k, but only transmits at 128Bytes.
  • my xbee is running at 57600 and it’s still really slow, but there is only a 100byte buffer on the xbee, so that might play a role.
  • sending from FEZ to pc has an interesting burst pattern. 5 packets, pause, 3 packets, pause, 5 packets, etc.

Wife’s having a ladies night tonight, so i’ll have more time to dig into it :). I’ll post my progress on the wiki before e/o the day.

Speaking of wiki, we are updating the project website to be a wiki-based website.

We are not done yet but the web guys promised to complete it today!
(link removed)

Hi All,
Sorry for the delay. XModem code is up on the wiki. Just search for it :slight_smile:

At last, I was able to order a Fez from Singapore. :slight_smile: but it should have been in my hands since the 29th of May if not because of that &^&%8 clearance delay.

May 29, 2010 11:08 AMClearance delay

Matt, I’ve found a simple fix about the 128bytes transmit, just go to the startTrans then modify the ff to enable 1k byte transfers.
bufsz = 1024;

xbuff[0] = STX;

BTW, the package seems heavy (5.3kgs), can somebody tell me its contents?

Unless you ordered something else, my Domino came with the Domino (of course :wink: ) and a nice USB cable.

No, I did not order anything else. This is may shipment facts from fedex

Shipment Facts
type Intl Economy Pak
Weight 11.7 lbs/5.3 kg

Are there manual, etc included?

manuals and such are located here http://www.tinyclr.com/dl/

11Lbs?? Are you sure it isn’t 1.17?

Absolutely sure. The exact copy-paste of my Fedex shipment facts.

Shipment Facts Help Service typeIntl Economy Pak
Weight11.7 lbs/5.3 kg
StatusPieces Date/Time Status

I bought it form sgbotic.com in Singapore. And I’m very sure that I’ve purchased the right product. XD

cool, free bricks too ! :wink:

yeah it seems like a typo to me too - or an awfully HUGE box :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, I thought the store is in shortage of bubble wraps so they just filled my box with sand. But after sending an email to the store, it seems there was a miss info on fedex’s part. It was supposed to be 113g.

But still… My fez is already 5 days delayed. Sucks to be in a country w/ lazy customs.

Can you imagine you receive the box and it is full of sand? :confused: That would still be a funny story to tell to your grandkids one day :slight_smile:

Haha, maybe they did not have sand anymore and are waiting for a shipment sand from the sahara? :wink:

The package just arrived after a week of waiting. Just set it up first then try my proj.

Any sand in the box? :slight_smile: I am just kidding…
Have fun using FEZ

Fortunately, there’s no sand. And it weighs maybe a 100g(mostly the weigh of the box).

But unfortunately my device came with 4.0.1

SolutionReleaseInfo.solutionVersion:    4.0.1.0

But my SDK is 4.0.3. And I INSTALLED the DEBUGGING INTERFACE instead of the BOOTLOADER interface, and now tera term doesn’t recognize a new COM port. Now even I uninstall the debug interface, windows will only automatically reinstall it. :frowning:

Will try to resolve this but will probably try later this evening to my own computer, cause I’m in the office right now.

BTW, is FEZ’s firmware update safe? I really don’t like to mess on a device’s bios or firmware (I’ve killed a PC motherboard through BIOS update back in my slightly younger days).

EDIT:
I still haven’t watched the update VIDEO because my PC here at the office don’t have speakers and I don’t have my earphones now.

EDIT2:
I’ve installed the bootloader driver. Good thing I still watched the firmware update video with no sounds, and I saw that I still need to PRESS the 2 buttons on the domino. I’ve read the FEZ_tutorial but I didn’t understand the HOLD LDR button w/ detach and reattach usb. :stuck_out_tongue:

TL:DR version:
I had a problem but I managed to solve it.

Finally updated the firmware :slight_smile:

SolutionReleaseInfo.solutionVersion:    4.0.3.0

But I did it on the second try. The first returned a “BAD FIRMWARE” message and a “BL” so I just repeated.

Now I’ll go back to finish my first hello world program in FEZ.

EDIT3:
Deleted EDIT1 and 2. Solved. Sorry Chimp if I use this forum as my Fez diary and posted everything I encounter. :slight_smile:

Chimp, It seems you are always MIA at this time of the day/night. And its impossible that you are sleeping/eating so I come to a conclusion that you are Fez-ing right now.
:stuck_out_tongue:

I give that a 90% chance, yes :wink:

Yes Yes I had to get some sleep :smiley: sorry, I will try not to sleep in future :frowning:

You slept? How can you sleep if you have a Fez? Fez is so FUN. Forget about sleeping, its just a waste of time. :slight_smile:

I haven’t slept yet since my Fez arrived. But still did not produce progress. :frowning: Programming a ConsoleApplication is somewhat different than the WindowsApplication that I been used to.

I’m stuck in just converting a byte array to a string to be output to the debug.print().

string rootDirectory = VolumeInfo.GetVolumes()[0].RootDirectory;
            FileStream FileHandle = new FileStream(rootDirectory + @ "\hello.txt", FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read);
            byte[] data = new byte[100];
            // write the data and close the file
            int read_count = FileHandle.Read(data, 0, data.Length);
            FileHandle.Close();Debug.Print("Data from file:");
Debug.Print(data.ToString());

OUTPUT

[quote]The size of data we read is: 32
Data from file:
System.Byte[][/quote]

I have a hello.txt on the USB, the data size is right, but the Debug.Print(data.ToString()); produces “System.Byte[]”.