FEZ Domino hasn't yet been FreakingEasy to me

Kareem, I will wait fro you in chat for the next 10 minutes, jump in and I will step you through it http://www.tinyclr.com/chat/

Dear Gus,
Thank you very much for your help.
The problem is solved after i changed the Windows 7 language setting
"change system locale" from Turkish to English.
Thank you very much for your help and understanding.
Best Regards

Glad you got it working.

I had similar errors for a while, once I got it working - soooooo much fun!

I am glad you are good to go and you will see what freakin easy us all about :slight_smile:

Hi Kerem,

wow, that sounds like a weird error, dependent on the language setting! Gee, who would have figured that out. Well done Gus and team for helping out

Glad to hear you can now get on with having Fun with your new toys

Hi there,

I have the same problem. But even though I changed my system locale, I still get the error “An error occured: check your hardware”…

Something strange happening. I think also, I have a problem with the assembly paths.
My installation path is "C:\Program Files\GHI Electronics\GHI NETMF v4.1 SDK\Assemblies"
For example, when I want to add “FEZDomino_GHIElectronics.NETMF.FEZ” referance, it gives this error. But when I copy this dll and its “be” and “le” files to a folder like “C:\fez” and rename all of them as “fez” instead of “FEZDomino_GHIElectronics.NETMF.FEZ”, I can add this referance and deploy the code without a problem.

But same thing does not apply when I try to add USBHost referance.

Please help, it became freakin hard to me… I spend 3 days up to now to slve this issue

Thank you all

Sounds like you have 2 problems and one of them is not having the latest firmware installed.

1. so Have you watched the “get started” video and checked the version number of your FEZ?
    - YouTube

2. you looked at release notes and you know you have the latest?
    http://www.tinyclr.com/release-notes/

3. can you follow the video and run the first demo on emulator?

4. can you run the same code on FEZ? (do not add any GHI assemblies yet)

5. add GHI hardware assembly as shown in video and try to deploy. Do you have problems now?

Adding on the list above, I just logged into chat to help you out but you just logged out! You may want to wait in the chat for more than a minute if you like :slight_smile:

Hey, I’m on chat again :slight_smile:

By the way, I have installed the latest firmware already. I do not think the problem is that.

Thanks

Even in the emulator mode it gives the error in the screenshot

Here are the screenshots from MFDeploy and Visual Studio,

visual studio about

code, error and reference properties

The problem was related to the assembly file names. Since we have “Turkish-I problem”, the assembly names with GHIElectronics were the source of problem. The capital “I” in “GHI” confuses the Windows and I think it looks for ghıelectronics name and it can not find it.

Changing the windows locale did not work for me. So I found the solution by changing the assembly file names with a batch filename replacer software. I changed the assembly names which contain “GHIElectronics” with “FEZ”.

But now I have another problem. I wrote a code block as,

using System;
using System.Threading;

using Microsoft.SPOT;
using Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware;

using GHIElectronics.NETMF.FEZ;
using GHIElectronics.NETMF.USBHost;
using GHIElectronics.NETMF.System;

namespace MFConsoleApplication3
{
    public class Program
    {
        static USBH_Mouse mouse;

public static void Main()
        {
            Debug.Print("hi");
            USBHostController.DeviceConnectedEvent += DeviceConnectedEvent;
        }
        static void DeviceConnectedEvent(USBH_Device device)
        {
            if (device.TYPE == USBH_DeviceType.Mouse)
            {
                Debug.Print("Mouse Connected");
                mouse = new USBH_Mouse(device);
            }
        }
    }
}

I have added the references “Hardware”, “System” and “USBHost”. But when I try to deploy, it gives two errors,

1. error, Cannot locate file for assembly ‘GHIElectronics.NETMF.USBHost’ c:\users\unforgiven\documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\MFConsoleApplication3\MFConsoleApplication3\MMP

2. error, CLR_E_ENTRY_NOT_FOUND c:\users\unforgiven\documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\MFConsoleApplication3\MFConsoleApplication3\MMP

Any idea about this MMP file thing?

Thanks

Did you try to reference the assemblies by choosing “Browse” and take those in the \program files\GHIElectronics directory (instead of simply include those in the .Net tab) ?

What is the “Turkish-I problem” ? :o

Yes, I tried it but the result is the same.

Turkish-I problem is a problem related to Turkish language. In Turkish we have four different “i” letters instead of two in English. I have attached a pic showing these letters.

We have lowercase “i” and its capital “İ” instead of “I” in English, and lowercase “ı” instead of “i” in English and its capital “I”. So, “I” letter is not the uppercase of “i”, instead, its uppercase of “ı” in Turkish. “i” and “ı” are different letters, so “İ” and “I” are.

As a result, Turkish Windows, treats uppercase “I” as the capital of lowercase “ı”. So it looks for an assembly file named “ghıelectronics” which does not exist, instead of “ghielectronics”.

This is the well-known “Turkish-I Problem” in coding. I suppose, my problem is related to this also.

More detail on Turkish-I problem can be found in this link: Does Your Code Pass The Turkey Test?

Any suggestion about my latest problem with USBHost?

yikes … that has got to be a huge pain for developers targeting Turkey. -Eric

Yes Eric, you are right.

1. error, Cannot locate file for assembly ‘GHIElectronics.NETMF.USBHost’ c:\users\unforgiven\documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\MFConsoleApplication3\MFConsoleApplication3\MMP

2. error, CLR_E_ENTRY_NOT_FOUND c:\users\unforgiven\documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\MFConsoleApplication3\MFConsoleApplication3\MMP

Any idea about this MMP file thing?

Man that really sucks !!

You probably figure it out, but a temporary easy fix might be to have a virtual machine running on your (presumably) Windows platform. And have that virtual machine set up as American setting and only used for application development?