FEZ Cerbuino Bee - deployment issues

Thanks for feedback guys 8).

Here’s an update: I tried with the same Windows version, running ‘native’ on a different machine (Windows 7 64-bit, Pro). The FEZ Config tool failed to update the firmware : it got interrupted. MFDeploy succeeded and I was able to download simple apps to my Cerbuino. It still works - I was afraid of having a hardware problem (bad Flash memory sector). The latter would have been unusual since I used my board only a few times.

I must add external power all the time for reliable downloads, even without any modules connected to the main board.

It looks like a Windows running as a VM to be an issue but the fact that FEZ Config failed to update the firmware under Windows 7 64-bit.

Go, go Gadgeteer go!

Hi there,

It appears I have the same kind of problem, and another strange phenomena:
During testing of a timer function in debugging mode the debugging output statements debug.print() were intermittently visable, although the program and timer-interrupt always keeps alive (by watching the onboard LED flashing).
In case I set a breakpoint at the debug-statement, the programme interrupts, and after pressing “continue”, the debug.print statement is executed (and also visible)…

using System;
using System.Threading;
using Microsoft.SPOT;
using GHI.OSHW.Hardware;
using GHIElectronics.Gadgeteer;

namespace MFConsoleApplicationTimerTest
{
    public class Program
    {
        public static GHIElectronics.Gadgeteer.FEZCerbuinoBee Mainboard = new FEZCerbuinoBee();
        static int counter = 0;
        static int prev_counter = 0;
        public static void Main()
        {
            //ExtendedTimer tm = new ExtendedTimer(extimerInterrupt, null, ExtendedTimer.TimeEvents.Minute);
            DateTime date = new DateTime();
            date = DateTime.UtcNow;
            date = date.AddSeconds(10); 
            Debug.Print("Date:" + date.ToString());
            ExtendedTimer tm2 = new ExtendedTimer(extimerInterrupt, 1, date, new TimeSpan(0, 0, 2));
            while (1 == 1)
            {
                if (counter != prev_counter)
                {
                    Debug.Print("Time:" + DateTime.Now.ToString() + "  Counter: " + (counter).ToString());
                    prev_counter = counter;
                }
                Thread.Sleep(10);
            }
        }
        public static void extimerInterrupt(object o)
        {
            counter++;
            Mainboard.SetDebugLED(true);
            Thread.Sleep(100);
            Mainboard.SetDebugLED(false);
        }
    }
}

The output of the debugger looks like this; some intermitted output of the counter value…
Date:06/01/2011 00:18:35
Time:06/01/2011 00:18:35 Counter: 1
Time:06/01/2011 00:18:37 Counter: 2
Time:06/01/2011 00:18:48 Counter: 7
Time:06/01/2011 00:18:52 Counter: 8
Time:06/01/2011 00:18:53 Counter: 9
Time:06/01/2011 00:19:03 Counter: 14
Time:06/01/2011 00:19:13 Counter: 19

FYI:
tested on both windows 7-32 and windows 8-64. Cerbuino firmware updated.

@ freeck - when you have two threads accessing a changing variable you need a lock.

In case I replace the Setdebug.LED-statements to the main loop the same thing happens; the LED flashes but the output of the debug.print-statement is not always visible on the output window of VS. So there seems to be a CPU- board, usb link, cerbuino firmware or hardware, related issue…