FEZ Cerbuino Bee, assemblies, and old code

Hello all,

I have recently run across some code that allows a user to control a Cerb40 board through a terminal program (found here: http://www.tinyclr.com/codeshare/entry/589). From looking through the code I think I may be able to use this on my Cerbuino Bee board (possibly with a few modifications).

Now to the question - When deploying the code I get the following error(s):

[quote]Assembly: GHI.OSHW.Hardware (4.2.3.0) ***********************************************************************

• ERROR!!! Firmware version does not match managed code version!!! *

• Invalid native checksum: GHI.OSHW.Hardware 0xF0D4135D!=0xEE697492 *

Resolving.

Link failure: some assembly references cannot be resolved!!

Assembly: GMD.STM32F4.CmdShell.RNG (1.0.0.0) needs assembly ‘GMD.STM32F4.RNG’ (1.0.0.0)

Assembly: GMD.STM32F4.CmdShell.IO (1.0.0.0) needs assembly ‘GMD.STM32F4.Hardware’ (1.0.0.0)

Assembly: GMD.STM32F4.RNG (1.0.0.0) needs assembly ‘GHI.OSHW.Hardware’ (4.2.3.0)[/quote]

After doing a bit of Google searching I believe this is because the firmware on my board does not match the firmware that was used when writing this code, since I updated it when I received the board. More specifically, the GHI.OSHW.Hardware assembly I have added is version 4.2.4.0 and the code requires 4.2.3.0.

Does all this sound plausible? If I manage to add a reference to the 4.2.3.0 assembly, would all my problems disappear? If I am way off base, please let me know! I’m a bit new to this stuff.

Thank you for your time!
Sivat

Just remove the references in the code and add the correct version should fix this.

Welcome BTW :slight_smile:

1 Like

This should help http://ghielectronics.com/docs/165/netmf-and-gadgeteer-troubleshooting

Welcome to the community.

WOW nice tutorial, the new documentation guy has been bussy :smiley: nice!

Jeff is doing great for sure.

Thank you all for your responses! One (hopefully easy) question: where can I download old versions of the assemblies? I have so far been unable to find the GHI.OSHW.Hardware (4.2.3.0) assembly, or any older version of the SDK.

You really don’t want or need to, do you? There is a “boneyard” of some selected old sdks, but move forward… create a new project and copy any existing files in. Then you should be able to deploy your app correctly, assuming you uploaded the firmware to your device that came with the SDK version you installed.

.NET Micro Framework – GHI Electronics has the old downloads.

Thanks. I have been able to get the code to deploy properly by removing the references to the old assembly (4.2.3.0) and adding references to the new version (4.2.4.0). I had misread a previous response and was trying to get the older version of the assembly working. Thanks again!