FEZ Cerbuino Bee and Parallax BOE shield

First, I’m sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. If it is, please point me to the correct forum.

My question is, has anyone else used the Cerbuino Bee with the Parallax BOE shield?

For the little bit I’ve done so far, it seems to work well, except for the servos. The BOE shield has four servo ports which map to digital pins 10 & 11 or 12 & 13., I’ve been trying with pins 10 & 11, using the following:

PWM servoLeft = new PWM(FEZCerbuino.Pin.PWM.D11, 20000, 1700, false);
PWM servoRight = new PWM(FEZCerbuino.Pin.PWM.D10, 20000, 1300, false);

The problem is no servo movement, suggestions welcome.

TIA

@ ericO - I use the Parallax BOE shield with the CerbuinoBee to drive a servo, you need to provide additional power via the barrel jack power plug for the servo to work.

I was not able to get power to the servos when not powered via the barrel jack. Fortunately you can safely connect the USB and the additional power source.

Edit: Here is the code I tested with, using the pin and PWM mappings from the CerbuinoBee developer page

using Microsoft.SPOT;
using Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware;

namespace CerbuinoServo
{
    public partial class Program
    {
        PWM _pwm;

void ProgramStarted()
        {
            _pwm = new PWM(FEZCerbuino.Pin.PWM.D10, 20000, 1575, PWM.ScaleFactor.Microseconds, false);
            _pwm.Start();

// Use Debug.Print to show messages in Visual Studio's "Output" window during debugging.
            Debug.Print("Program Started");
        }
    }
}

@ taylorza - Thank you for the reply. Now I’m scratching my head. What’ve you’ve suggested is how I’ve been doing it all along. I have a voltage-adjustable wall wart, so when I read your post, I thought I might have had the voltage too low. It was on 6 volts, so I moved it up to 7.5 but still no luck, I guess it might be something else in my code. I’ve tested this code with a few different boards (attached to the BOE Shield) and it’s worked, so I’m not sure.