FEZ Cerberus Basic Kit

Now that the FEZ Cerberus Tinker Kit is listed in the GHI catalog, I can’t find the FEZ Cerberus Basic Kit in the catalog. Is the FEZ Cerberus Basic Kit no longer available?

I see it right next to the tinker kit in the catalog, select .NET Gadgeteer in the catalog menu on e left.
https://www.ghielectronics.com/catalog/product/332

@ taylorza: Your link shows the Hydra Basic Kit, but I mean the Cerberus Basic Kit.

The FEZ Cerberus Basic Kit has been replaced with the FEZ Cerberus Tinker Kit

From my point of view this is very unfortunately. The FEZ Cerberus Basic Kit and the FEZ Cerberus Tinker Kit are very different regarding the content and the price. In our vocational school we developed last year a new curriculum, where every student who begins with a focus on information technology purchases his own Cerberus Basic Kit (per school year approximately 150 students). This kit will be expanded within the school to an individual robot. With it the basics of electrical engineering and information technology are taught. Now, the items have to be purchased separately, so that the costs are rising.

Wow, sorry about that. I must have had momentary brain glitch or maybe not so momentary :slight_smile:

I agree. I think there’s definitely a place for a $50 kit.

Larso,

Did you try to contact GHI directly and talk about your needs ?

@ Rajesh: I have not been contacted GHI directly, because I have just noticed that the FEZ Basic Kit is no longer available. I think it’s a good idea to contact GHI directly.

I will forward this to our team but considering how much you get for $100 in the new kit, would you really consider buying the $50 kit? The $50 more gets you a lot more value.

Thanks for the feedback.

It’s easier to convince someone to spend $50 to “give it a try” than to spend $100.

For a student $50 and $100 is a big difference…

1 Like

Now it’s no longer possible to buy FEZ Cerberus Kits because all the kits at our distributor are sold. The problem is that we really need the kits for our students and pupils. The Tinker Kit is too expensive for our students/pupils. Did GHI make now a decision to resume the Cerberus Kit in the catalog or not?

We have a different kit coming soon and it is under $50. We are trying to pack as much value as possible at the lowest possible price.

If you want 10 or more kits, we will happily see what we can do to accommodate your needs, just give us a call.

Thank you very much! I’m really looking forward to the new kit!