FEZ Cerberus, 2 free samples are shipping

STM32 F4?

congratulations !

I hope gus will be faster with informations and more pictures. :smiley:

@ Roman2

I dunno…for me, at least, Gus is already releasing boards faster than I can make stuff with them. :slight_smile:

I’m excited by Cerberus as the next guy, but I think it’s OK if we have to wait…anticipation is half the fun.

No it isn’t!

So? Gus? Has it been sent? ;D

In some ways I would have to agree that too many boards, too fast just adds to consumer confusion and can cause paralysis. It becomes an educational problem of why you would select one board over another, and so why would I want a Cerberus over a Hydra over a Spider? I just want to start with getting a Fez Spider Starter kit and a boat load of modules and start playing and I’ll get a Hydra and Cerberus later when I need whatever makes them unique (and they are ready).

I’d like to see more modules, like RFID, Sensor (Radiation, IR, etc), as those are just as likely to land someone a Gadgeteer addiction as new mainboards or at least IMHO.

@ Duke I understand… But, would you rather have too many options or too few? Just keep in mind that 2/3 of the products you mentioned are beta products at best. So, unless you’re one of us fools that love to give our time to GHI as testers then there really aren’t many options. I personally will not be satisfied until we have a Gadgeteer board with Hydra speed and a Panda price tag :wink:

And I love options, but there has to be a very clear and solid (Spider?) path to get people started and once they have immersed themselves in the water then they can decide what temperature they like (Cerberus, Hydra etc), but you have to get them in the water first and distractions as to maybe a nicer pool somewhere else, or later, can make that more difficult then it should be.

Why wouldn’t I want a Fez Spider right now (and I do, but they are not in stock at the moment so I continue to get modules in anticipation of getting my Fez Spider Start Kit)?

I agree. If you’re new to Gadgeteer then there is only one real option - Spider. Everything else is still too unstable.

Yes. We are open to our community and we get future products info before they are out. There is no Cerberus on catalog and shouldn’t be an option you consider. It may completely change before it is releases.

2012 will improve all this anyway.

LOL this is what you get for saying too much GUS… now you are in trouble… :frowning:

Got the tracking number! Thanks!

Got my tracking number too. :). Thanks lots to Gus and GHI!

Are there new infos about the new FEZ board? How many sockets? (More P, more I…) :smiley:

Regards
Chris