FEZ at maker faire

It was a bit messy so we moved things around to to separate kids playing from adults wanting to buy FEZ :slight_smile:

Yay! Photos! Looks real nice guys! How about a photo of the guys running the booth? :smiley:

Its Unreal Tournament 2003, thats all we had with us! :frowning:

ā€¦another oneā€¦sold on FEZā€¦they love it

ā€¦once I showed them how to step in code ā€¦ everyone goes WOW!

so after 2 days of hard work, what would you do? ā€¦ we met a good friend of GHI (old customer) who took us out to smoke :smiley:

Now this photo is for real. 8)

Looks like you guys and everyone visiting is having a blast!

I thought it was

I donā€™t play anything else (apart from HL2)

I didnā€™t recognise the level.

Looks like you had a pretty productive time in NYā€¦

I was looking at the Gageteerā€¦ it doesnā€™t seem to much different to what FEZ is offering already The addon modules appear to be the sameā€¦ The one thing I was intrested in is 3D printing. I saw on of these things in Plymouth Universityā€¦ These things are brilliantā€¦ A bit dear though.

unreal tournament and HL2 ftw :smiley:

^^^ How about a FEZ 3D printer project?

3d printer? :o

6 grand for the cheapest, and that wasteā€™s sooo much plastic

Naw, you can get one for around $1k, but itā€™s not gonna be the most professional solution.

Yeah a reprap or a makerbot for about a grand. The cool thing about the reprap is that is can replicate part of itself.

Is there actually a good working example already of a home made 3d printer with good accuracy?
I have seen some stuff but all of them were inaccurate. One of them even used Lego lol. :smiley:

Yeah, they are sorta accurate. You gotta remember that your part maybe a little misshapen, butiā€™s not too terrible. The pro models (RE: $20K and up) do a really good job of printing nice parts. They are not misshapen at all.

First define ā€˜accuracyā€™, are you wanting greater resolution or great repeatability, or both? The biggest limitation with these extrusion type machines is the extrusion process itself. If the repeatability of squirting out a little dot of plastic is Ā± 0.030" then worrying about having a mechanism that can position the extrusion head to within Ā± 0.001" is not important (I made up those numbers to illustrate the point.)

I use a reprap all the time. Its fine. The bigest issue is the looks of the finished product. How acurate it is depends on extruder as has been mentioned and how you handle stops/ play in the 3 axis area. If you do that right with optical stops and what not it does fine. The more expensive 3d printers i have used at the university donā€™t make a usable prototype unlike the cheaper alternatives. In my experience you then take it over to a machine that uses the print as a mold and vacuum form your usable product from said 3d printed mold.

Gus is a very good programmer, but he did end up losing EVERY UT matchā€¦

Sorry gus :dance: