Expanding to Arduino and other platforms

+1 about the Lynx.

We have an important customer interested in Lynx so looks like this will be a go, no matter what happens at kickstarter.

2 Likes

Gus, what IDE for example could be used to develop and upload for Lynx? Could be any OS installed on it?

I donā€™t think you will be able to upload anything to Lynx. You can control modules attached to Lynx from PC, but there is no user code on Lynx. The code is on PC.

And what IDEā€™s could be used for different platforms? Is it the same VS for Windows? And what could be used from Linux for example?

Correct, Lynx itself does not hold software, your device (PC, beaglebone, raspberry pi, mac, Linux, android) will hold the software along with our libraries we provide to interface with sockets. So, you can use any IDE you like. The way you program your ā€œdeviceā€ today is how you will do it with Lynx, except we give you a way to access the physical world easily.

It might be for you!! :smiley:

Itā€™s a shame you donā€™t do a CAN module with an MCP2515 (or similar) with SPI interface (socket ā€˜Sā€™?) to go with the Medusa S12ā€¦That would make a really nice logger for automotive stuff.

Wait, does it means I run software localy on my PC, and lynx basically is not stand alone board?

@ eugenep - Correct. It is just a bridge.

Ok interesting, it like gadgeteer board similar to IOIO for android

Yes, you got it. Close enough :wink:

What, no mention of the newly tested compatibility with other Arduino boards like the Mega And Due!?!

For those that havenā€™t pledged yet - the Medusa shield works on more Arduino boards than previously thought. Gus just posted the news in update #6 on KS.

Yeehaw!

1 Like

Very cool!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1359959821/an-arduino-compatible-electronic-building-block-sy/posts/610704

1 Like

Question, FEZ Medusa S12 Mainboard, does it work only as arduino or I can develop old good way with C# on VS?

Itā€™s got a chip with the Arduino firmware, so thatā€™s environment. These chips donā€™t have the memory or speed to run the TinyCLR.

Thereā€™s a plugin for VS to be able do C/C+ Arduino development ā€¦ Visual Micro I believe (yup: http://www.visualmicro.com/)

1 more question do you supply with classes for arduino for all gadgeteer modules?

Yes, they do. The library is very impressive.

What about T port for touch screen on Medusa?

The Arduinos canā€™t drive a display on chip (again not enough memory and processor speed) - the premium (non-open source) NET boards have controller chips with built in LCD circuitry.

So for the Medusas you can use the 1.8 via SPI or you have to port some other LCD with circuitry on the display board.

Itā€™s just not their forte.