Exception of type 'System.Exception' occurred in Microsoft.SPOT.HardWare.dll, FEZ Hydra SPI error

Hi guys,

I was wondering if you could me debug this error.

I have some code that tries to initialize an SPI socket on the FEZ Hydra board.

I have tried stepping through and debugging it but I can’t seem to find the problem.

The line highlighted during the exception is the following: where GTI is equal to the namespace Gadgeteer.Interfaces and GT is the namespace Gadgeteer.

public GTI.SPI AllocateSPI(bool Rising, GT.Socket chipSelectSocket, GT.Socket.Pin chipSelectPin)
        {
            GTI.SPI.Configuration spiConfig = null;
            if (Rising)
            {
                spiConfig = new GTI.SPI.Configuration(false, ChipSelectSetupTime, ChipSelectHoldTime, false, true, ClockRateKHz);
            }
            else
            {
                spiConfig = new GTI.SPI.Configuration(false, ChipSelectSetupTime, ChipSelectHoldTime, true, false, ClockRateKHz);
            }

[b] return new GTI.SPI(_spiSocket, spiConfig, GTI.SPI.Sharing.Shared, chipSelectSocket, chipSelectPin, this);[/b]
}

Here is the stack trace:

Gadgeteer.SPI.dll!Gadgeteer.Interfaces.NativeSpi.NativeSpi(Gadgeteer.Socket socket, Gadgeteer.Socket.SocketInterfaces.SpiConfiguration configuration, Gadgeteer.Socket.SocketInterfaces.SpiSharing sharing, Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Cpu.Pin chipSelectPin, Gadgeteer.Modules.Module module, Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SPI.SPI_module spiModule) Line 44 + 0x52 bytes C#

Gadgeteer.SPI.dll!Gadgeteer.Interfaces.SPI.SPI(Gadgeteer.Socket socket, Gadgeteer.Interfaces.SPI.Configuration spiConfiguration, Gadgeteer.Interfaces.SPI.Sharing sharingMode, Gadgeteer.Socket chipSelectSocket, Gadgeteer.Socket.Pin chipSelectPin, Gadgeteer.Modules.Module module) Line 226 + 0x70 bytes C#

ClassLibrary.dll!Colibri.AuxiliaryDevices.ClassLibrary.SPIControl.AllocateSPI(bool Rising, Gadgeteer.Socket chipSelectSocket, Gadgeteer.Socket.Pin chipSelectPin) Line 49 + 0x3e bytes C#

ClassLibrary.dll!Colibri.AuxiliaryDevices.ClassLibrary.SPIBase.SPIBase(Colibri.AuxiliaryDevices.ClassLibrary.SPIControl spi, Colibri.AuxiliaryDevices.ClassLibrary.IOPin chipSelect, bool rising) Line 13 + 0x23 bytes	C#

Pulser.exe!Colibri.AuxiliaryDevices.Pulser.Drivers.AD8369Driver.AD8369Driver(Colibri.AuxiliaryDevices.ClassLibrary.SPIControl spi, Colibri.AuxiliaryDevices.ClassLibrary.IOPin chipSelect) Line 15 + 0xd bytes C#

Pulser.exe!Colibri.AuxiliaryDevices.Pulser.Program.Initialize() Line 89 + 0x130 bytes C#

Pulser.exe!Colibri.AuxiliaryDevices.Pulser.Program.ProgramStarted() Line 54 + 0x16 bytes C#

Pulser.exe!Colibri.AuxiliaryDevices.Pulser.Program.Main() Line 27 + 0x1f bytes C#

If I was to continue debugging I get the following output

WARN: Total initialization time exceeds 10 seconds.
    : ProgramStarted is blocking execution, which means events and timers will not run properly.
    : Make sure not to use blocking code such as while(true) - use a GT.Timer instead.
 Uncaught exception 
The thread '<No Name>' (0x1) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
WARN: Total initialization time exceeds 20 seconds.
    : ProgramStarted is blocking execution, which means events and timers will not run properly.
    : Make sure not to use blocking code such as while(true) - use a GT.Timer instead.

Here is some more Details into the error Message

#### Exception System.Exception - CLR_E_PIN_UNAVAILABLE (1) ####
    #### Message: 
    #### Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Port::.ctor [IP: 0000] ####
    #### Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.OutputPort::.ctor [IP: 0006] ####
    #### Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SPI::.ctor [IP: 004d] ####
    #### Gadgeteer.Interfaces.NativeSpi::.ctor [IP: 003d] ####
    #### Gadgeteer.Interfaces.SPI::.ctor [IP: 0055] ####
    #### Colibri.AuxiliaryDevices.ClassLibrary.SPIControl::AllocateSPI [IP: 0039] ####
    #### Colibri.AuxiliaryDevices.ClassLibrary.SPIBase::.ctor [IP: 001c] ####
    #### Colibri.AuxiliaryDevices.Pulser.Drivers.AD8369Driver::.ctor [IP: 000c] ####
    #### Colibri.AuxiliaryDevices.Pulser.Program::Initialize [IP: 00d9] ####
    #### Colibri.AuxiliaryDevices.Pulser.Program::ProgramStarted [IP: 0011] ####

it seems to say that CLR-E Pin Unavailable does anyone know how to fix this error?

Welcome to the forum!

What modules do you have connected to your Hydra?

I’m not currently using any of the GHI modules for this project, I am using custom IC’s for a specialized purpose.

Keep in mind that if you create any managed object that uses a pin. That pin will become unavailable for any other objects, until it is released by the first object. (You can do that by disposing of the object).