Ethernet Module NetworkUp event does not fire on startup

I have a project for my Spider mainboard with the ethernet module, and I have the module configured to use DHCP. When I debug the project, the NetworkUp event does not fire unless I unplug the ethernet cable and plug it back in. I believe this is a change in behavior from the previous release of the SDK.

Should I expect that the NetworkUp event will fire when the program starts and an IP address is acquired? Or is what I’m seeing now the expected behavior?

Also, I noticed that after installing the most recent SDK, I’m having problems with the ethernet module not acquiring a new IP address if I change networks (i.e. switch from my demo router, which uses 192.168.0.x address range to my home router, which uses 192.168.1.x address range). From the behavior, it looks as though the settings are stuck unless I unplug and re-plug the ethernet cable while the program is running.

Suggestions?

There is a newly discovered bug in .NET Gadgeteer core. It is in NetworkModule class. It is fixed in codeplex but not published yet in the SDK.

You have to plug in the cable after the the application runs so the even fires.

Thanks, Joe. I’ll check codeplex, and perhaps I’ll pull the code and recompile on my own until it’s fully integrated in the SDK. Kind of annoying, though thankfully it does not prevent the ethernet module from working. :slight_smile: