Error before ProgramStarted when updating

I updated to the latest release (NETMF and Gadgeteer Package 2013 R3) and before first line is called in ProgramStarted() method, I get error:

[quote]Locating source for ‘c:\TFS\gadgeteer\NETMF_43\GadgeteerCore\Gadgeteer42\Program.cs’. Checksum: MD5 {a8 a2 70 8 27 c1 18 b5 fc bf 68 e5 12 ca 5c f8}
Determining whether the checksum matches for the following locations:
1: D:\Projekti\Micro Framework\Smarthouse\LivingRoom\Program.cs Checksum: MD5 {6 8f 75 cc 59 bd 4f 78 63 87 21 bf 26 ee 78 2e} Checksum doesn’t match.
The file ‘c:\TFS\gadgeteer\NETMF_43\GadgeteerCore\Gadgeteer42\Program.cs’ does not exist.
Looking in script documents for ‘c:\TFS\gadgeteer\NETMF_43\GadgeteerCore\Gadgeteer42\Program.cs’…
Looking in the projects for ‘c:\TFS\gadgeteer\NETMF_43\GadgeteerCore\Gadgeteer42\Program.cs’.
The file was found in a project: ‘D:\Projekti\Micro Framework\Smarthouse\LivingRoom\Program.cs’.
Determining whether the checksum matches for the following locations:
1: D:\Projekti\Micro Framework\Smarthouse\LivingRoom\Program.cs Checksum: MD5 {6 8f 75 cc 59 bd 4f 78 63 87 21 bf 26 ee 78 2e} Checksum doesn’t match.
Looking in directory ‘c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\crt\src’…
Looking in directory ‘c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\atlmfc\src\mfc’…
Looking in directory ‘c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\atlmfc\src\atl’…
Looking in directory ‘c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\atlmfc\include’…
The debug source files settings for the active solution indicate that the debugger will not ask the user to find the file: c:\TFS\gadgeteer\NETMF_43\GadgeteerCore\Gadgeteer42\Program.cs.
The debugger could not locate the source file ‘c:\TFS\gadgeteer\NETMF_43\GadgeteerCore\Gadgeteer42\Program.cs’.[/quote]
I don’t understand. I delete the whole project all files and create a new one and I still got this error.
When adding new Gadgetter Application in the existed solution I choose Cobra II motherboard. I write zero lines.

Are you mixing 4.2 and 4.3?

No. I notice that 4.3, but never installed it. All project are targeting 4.2.
The folder c:\TFS\ doesn’t exists.
I think I overlooked something, but all Target Frameworks are 4.2.
I delete all files in debug directory, but dll and pdb still includes text (c:\TFS\gadgeteer\NETMF_43\GadgeteerCore\Gadgeteer42\Utilities.cs). I don’t know where compiler picked that.

The reason for this message is that you get an exception. The debug info tells VS that the current line is in Program.cs in your C:\TFS folder (The folder where the file was at build time on the building machine). But as you said the file isn’t there anymore.
So you should check what VS output says when deploying.
I sometimes have the problem that is says right after ‘Deploying to device’:
'Nothing to deploy’
Normally it should say something like ‘deployed xxx bytes’.

I usually solve this by erasing the program with MFDeploy of FEZconfig.

Thanks. It will help next time I experienced this problem.
This folder never existed. All my projects are on D:.
I created a new solution and all projects in solution, copy all files include it in projects add references and it works.
But CP7 display is not working - checksum. (I am still working on that)

What do you mean CP7 does not work - Checksumm?

Now that I read the output you posted before closer:
The exception happened in Program.cs of Gedgeteer core.
Gadgeteer core was built on some machione and source was on C:\TFS, …
Because the file does not exist on your machine it was looking in your program folder and found it, but the checksum of your Program.cs does not match (of course).

What I’m wondering about is: Does a Gadgeteer program even has a Program.cs file?
If you are working with a plain NETMF program, why do you have Gadgeteer core referenced?

I had it. I liked the Gadgeteer.Timer. And I came from gadgeteer, so apparently I am still learning things. (Of course I am)

I had the same problem and after a lot :wall: of tests, I resolved closing VS and deleting the .suo file of the solution :open_mouth: (i.e if the main solution file is “MySolution.sln”, the file to be deleted is “MySolution.suo”).

I hope this helps other dev in the same situation… ::slight_smile: