EMX TFT connector (40 way, 0.5mm unsoldered)

Hi

The EMX module has a 40 way 0.5 mm header with no connector soldered. Is this compatible with the header on the EM (Embedded Master) module? I’m planning to solder a connector on my EMX module and use it with a LQ043T3DX02 LCD (the LCD is pin to pin compatible with the connector on the EM module).
If the header is compatible with the EM header, is it safe to connect +5V to EMX pin 38? in the EM design, pin 38 was routed to the LCD’s +5V pins but in the EMX module is marked as NC.

I see (in the downloads section) that LQ043T3DX02 was supported by the EM module via the 40 pin header but can’t find any configuration code. I wrote the config code below but just wanted to double check it with a known working code.

lcdConfig.PriorityEnable = false;

lcdConfig.OutputEnableIsFixed = true;
lcdConfig.OutputEnablePolarity = true;

lcdConfig.PixelClockDivider = 8; //9MHz clock
lcdConfig.PixelPolarity = false; //falling edge

//clocks per line = 525
lcdConfig.HorizontalSyncPolarity = false;
lcdConfig.HorizontalSyncPulseWidth = 41;
lcdConfig.Width = 480;
lcdConfig.HorizontalBackPorch = 2;
lcdConfig.HorizontalFrontPorch = 2;

//lines per frame = 286
lcdConfig.VerticalSyncPolarity = false;
lcdConfig.VerticalSyncPulseWidth = 10;
lcdConfig.Height = 272;
lcdConfig.VerticalBackPorch = 2;
lcdConfig.VerticalFrontPorch = 2;

Thanks

Yes the connector is identical. We do not recommend you solder a connector and we do not provide support for doing so but it should just work.

I understand.

And is it safe to connect EMX pin 38 to +5V? Is it still routed (only) to the +5V pins on the LCD connector?

Thanks

Yes correct.

Great, thanks! :slight_smile:
I’ll upload a picture by the end of the week if I manage to get it working.

I got it working! :slight_smile:
Still, another question. Is there a way to turn off the LCD controller? When I disconnect power from my board, the image persists on the LCD screen for some seconds (5-6) so I was thinking of making a power off functionality that disables the LCD controller.

Will get back with some pictures (hope by the end of the weekend). I have no backlight yet.

Thanks

not possible

Ok, thanks.