Main Site Documentation

EMX Hardware

Gus,

Is there a physical thermal reset that can happen on the EMX board that can cause a reset?

Dale

No

You can draw too much current and cause a reset ?

[quote]You can draw too much current and cause a reset ?
[/quote]

But then you are loading your external regulator causing the voltage to drop and reset the EMX board. I am assuming that the EMX does not have any current limiting that would cause a reset internally on the board.

Dale

EMX is a “processor board” so we talk signals here and high current has no place in the design.

I agree. Just wondering if there is a limiting that would cause a reset of the EMX board itself. From what I am hearing there is none. The only limiting is the output from the IO, which will not cause a reset of the processor.

Dale

But like William suggests (I suspect), if you draw too much current from other peripherals on the system that your regulators can’t effectively handle, then the processor sees a low-current situation and could reset or have some other issue that may be less obvious.

Yes this is true. I think we are saying the same thing here. I just wanted to know if there was a mechanism on the EMX board that would cause a reset due to thermal conditions. If the external regulator powering the EMX is current limiting, then yes it will obviously reset the EMX board.

Dale