EMX debug while serial port active issue

Does that same behavior occur on other PCs?

will check.

hmmmm …

on my laptop it works.

That not really good news, cause the PC in the lab is a brand new one …

There is a difference. I connect to the USB2.0 ports of my laptop in the lab there is a USB3.0 hub, will see, if I connect it via this hub to my laptop whats happen.

With best regards

Gerhard

ahh.

Connecting the same way with my laptop, but using USB3.0 sockets fails. I get characters from EMX to PC but cant send characters from PC to EMX. This behavior I have on the PC in my lab too.

Seems, that there is an issue with USB3.0 and EMX.

Tomorrow, I will take an old USB 2.0 hub between the USB3.0 hub and the stuff, maybe …

Good night, here is office closing now.

With best regards

Gerhard

So it seems that when you use USB 3.0 and EMX, the problem occurs. But if you use USB 2.0, it works?

Yes, thats one outcome for now.

Tomorrow morning I will do more checks to get more Information.

With best regards

Gerhard

Hi John,

I used a USB 2.0 hub, and the Aten Adapter works fine but EMX won’t work with this hub …

With best regards

Gerhard

The EMX won’t work with that hub? What do you mean?

… connecting the EMX debug interface, but no device in the Devices and Printer window and no possibility to deploy. But the board is running, Led is on and display is white, looks as business as usual.

With best regards

Gerhard

@ Gerhard -

No hub, connect directly EMX to USB2.0 PC, does it work?

Usually 2 modes for debugging are used: USB and Serial. If you connect to PC by USB, you will see “GHI NETMF Debug interface” or something like that. If you connect by Serial, nothing will be shown on your PC except for your serial comport.

CDC VCOM is not a debug interface. If you want to debug your application while still running CDC VCom , you have to switch from USB debug → Serial debug before the board boots up.

Display is white because since 4.2.11.1, default LCD is non-config and there is nothing on screen.

Try to add a button like code below so we can know where we are when the board boots up

void main()
{
   while(button.read == true)
{
     led.write(false);
    sleep(50);
led.write(true);
    sleep(50);
}
      CDCVcom.Start().....
}

Just make sure your configurations are correct!